Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Embarrasing & Stupido
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:11 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
. There were corpses of animals lying around which is a potential health hazard.

Or as they say in Wuhan, free dinner!

mamma llama

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:12 pm
DrMom wrote:
Or as they say in Wuhan, free dinner!

Oy. I dont want to see

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:17 pm
genius wrote:
Wouldn’t everyone stuck at home with kids understand why liquor stores are essential?

And hardware stores. Also essential.

But haggadas or other pesach stuff is not. Ok.

mig100

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:36 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Pickup and delivery from restaurants is specifically allowed.

Pharmacies and grocery stores are allowed to be open.

So far as I know, no other store is allowed to

What isn’t being discussed is how unfair it is to other stores who are in compliance with the rules for the safety of everyone while others are cheating in order to make as much money as possible.

If you or someone you are close to closed up shop when they were mandated just remember there is a creater of the world who didn't forget them.

They also spared a chillul hashem in the making by not making the headlines for being forced to close.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:38 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
And hardware stores. Also essential.

But haggadas or other pesach stuff is not. Ok.

In Baltimore the big Judaica store is doing delivery or curbside pickup. But no customers are entering the store.

mig100

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:57 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I think the cops have an agenda against the Jews. Prospect park is packed with people every day and there isn't a cop in sight. Yet when there's a minyan in the local park and everyone is practicing social distancing, cops are there in 2 minutes to disperse the men.
My neighborhood is literally a ghost town, when we drive past the nearby non Jewish development, they're all outside playing and partying and having a bbq. It's just a better piece of news if it's about Jews.

of course they do- whats new??

this is been the story of the jews for the past 2k years. we are held to different standards. if we dont live up to them- we create a chillul hashem- regadless of what everyone else is doing.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:59 pm
mamma llama wrote:
Oy. I dont want to see

I know it's a joke (albeit in poor taste) but bloated, stinking corpses of animals truly are a health hazard. Even if people try to bury them, there's all kinds of bacteria they can get infected by etc.
And I'm no animal expert but most animals can get sick and die if they are fed human type food. So yeah, pet food stores are essential.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:04 pm
There's a difference between individuals acting selfishly and people acting selfishly because their leaders told them that they don't have to follow the rules. That is newsworthy.

mig100

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:07 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
There's a difference between individuals acting selfishly and people acting selfishly because their leaders told them that they don't have to follow the rules. That is newsworthy.

I do agree with this statement

I hope what you are saying does not apply to us. as far as I know it does not

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:09 pm
mig100 wrote:
I do agree with this statement

I hope what you are saying does not apply to us. as far as I know it does not

I don't think it applies in most cases. It might apply in a few.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:58 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Shipped is great!!! Thank you for not endangering more ppl and for not shopping in stores

We all knew the stores were closing, havadahs dont spoil, everyone should have gotten before

That's what the stores are open for - pickups and shipping.

First of all, we did NOT all know the stores were closing.

Second of all, not everyone could have gotten before. Some people didn't realize that this wouldn't blow over before Pesach until recently, and some (me included) simply did not have enough spare cash available to buy everything, even once things became clear. I'm still hoping for more money to come in, because maxed out credit cards + $200 is not going to get us even just enough food to last UNTIL Pesach, let alone Pesach itself.

I hope stores continue to stay open so I can get what we need.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:10 pm
Shipped is great!!! Thank you for not endangering more ppl and for not shopping in stores

We all knew the stores were closing, havadahs dont spoil, everyone should have gotten before

Yes, that's why everyone was rushing to the stores, jammed together like sardines just a week ago.

This virus has a five to fourteen day incubation period. People who are in the hospitals today were already sick 14 days ago. Think about this.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:23 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Yes, that's why everyone was rushing to the stores, jammed together like sardines just a week ago.

This virus has a five to fourteen day incubation period. People who are in the hospitals today were already sick 14 days ago. Think about this.

100%
It was bad
So we should just let the bad continue?
And let it get even worse?

This is like politics.
We obviously wont get anywhere.
You think it's okay to keep non essentials open and I think we should flatten the curve.

I will pray that noone close to you (and noone at all!!!!) Continues to get sick, and I hope you'll pray for the close friends who are currently in critical condition because of ppl who thought that judaism comes before health.

Thanks

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:30 pm
100%
It was bad

This is like politics.
You think it's okay to keep non essentials open and I think we should flatten the curve.

I will pray that noone close to you (and noone at all!!!!) Continues to get sick, and I hope you'll pray for the close friends who are currently in critical condition because of ppl who thought that judaism comes before health.

Thanks

I have no idea where this vitriol is from, I'm assuming that everyone's on edge.

I was pointing out that there was no point in shopping "before" as there was no "before". I didn't go shopping. I took one look at all the stores with all those long lines and I stayed home.

I have no idea where you got the idea that I said it's ok to leave non essentials open. Over and over again I am pointing out the insanity of what is considered "essential".

I think this country did way too little, way too late, and I've been saying it over and over again for weeks.

I sincerely hope you're just having a bad day and don't plan on randomly cursing people always.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:32 pm
100%
It was bad

This is like politics.

Thanks

You think we should flatten the curve??!!! Do you have any idea what you are saying? In other words, you are ok with 100s of people in the hospital, and tens of people a day dying, as long "we keep the curve flat"? We are jews, we believe in life, every individual life.

We should have shut down this entire country a month ago. Now it's too late. Look at the tehillim list. Just look it at.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:04 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:

We should have shut down this entire country a month ago. Now it's too late. Look at the tehillim list. Just look it at.

It is a bit late. You are right. Are you saying that because the list is already long- we should let it get longer?

You posted elsewhere that your husband is still taking the train to work since he needs the money. imagine the outcry if they would have closed the businesses BEFORE there were any cases.

I dont understand. You post that that the country should have been closed earlier. At the same time, you still are not willing to do that, even after there are so many in the hospitals.

Please can we be consistent here?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:22 pm
I would imagine at this point if her husband is going to work he is an essential worker. You don't need to attack her personally.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:31 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I would imagine at this point if her husband is going to work he is an essential worker. You don't need to attack her personally.

I'd like to assume that also. That's the only reason they kept the trains running.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:31 pm
100%
It was bad

This is like politics.

Thanks

Thanks great post
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics