Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Weekly Groceries didnt show up! So mad!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:36 pm
As a pregnant woman during corona I am trying to take extra precautions. This week I placed my grocery order on Tuesday, for pickup by my husband on thursday. Shouldnt have been a big deal. He shows up today, is told they are still doing the shopping. After waiting in his car for 30 minutes- he is told, they lost the boxes!!! He calls me and of course I am upset, but tell him they need to now shop again and deliver it. They say they will. An hour and a half later, no groceries. Im calling every extension- not a single answer. My husband sees my frustration and volunteers to drive back. Well now they closed - way before the usual hours but guessing do to corona. This makes me so upset. Oh and - they charged us!!! All the while my husband is going to have to go to a store now, and were gnna make a quick scramble of it. With taking care of kids and working from home. Im so frustrated- needed to get it out.
Thanks for listening!

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:46 pm
That's frustrating! I placed a dry goods order online, on Sunday, from a store a block away from my home, still haven't received it yet

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:56 pm
Thanks for getting it! Sorry about your order as well. As much as I am trying to be understanding - and appreciative of services like these.its really difficult when you don't actually get anything!

lfab

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:00 pm
It is really frustrating, but try to understand that stores are totally overwhelmed right now. The stores in my area have suspended shopping/delivery services becasue they just can't keep up. A friend who lives elsewhere told me she placed an order and needed to wait a full week for it to be delivered! The stores simply can't keep up. I definitely think you should not be charged if you didn't receive your order but I understand why the stores just can't fill all the delivery requests.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:06 pm
lfab wrote:
It is really frustrating, but try to understand that stores are totally overwhelmed right now. The stores in my area have suspended shopping/delivery services becasue they just can't keep up. A friend who lives elsewhere told me she placed an order and needed to wait a full week for it to be delivered! The stores simply can't keep up. I definitely think you should not be charged if you didn't receive your order but I understand why the stores just can't fill all the delivery requests.

I can understand suspending services because you cant keep up, but to not fulfill what was already agreed upon really isnt right. In all honesty im not even sure id use that store again. Especially after my husband went in person, and was flat out lied too.

realb

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:19 pm
That is so frustrating! It's true with everyone being told to do online shopping and not go out to the store, the stores are so overwhelmed they cant do it!
Which is what I'm wondering now we all who really wish to follow the rules are forced to go to the supermarket ourselves.... and therefore the spread of corona continues.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:15 am
The stores by us have the same issue. I think they need to hire lots of ppl who were tested and are negative for Corona and ONLY they should be allowed in the stores. NO OTHER PEOPLE. They should function on a delivery only or curbside pickup with these people doing the actual shopping. This way we curb the spread and people get jobs and we get our groceries.
I spoke to two stores here and they said they can't keep up with the virtual orders and don't have enough personal shoppers. This would solve it....

I did hear of one store that took high school girls to do the shopping....

Goldie613

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:22 am
Since they charged you they must have completed your order. Especially as they agreed to put it together again after they misplaced it the first time. Try calling first thing in the morning - hopefully they'll have it for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen