Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Zinc etc. corona virus

sima

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:06 am
I've been reading a lot about Zinc and Vitamin C to help prevent or take while infected.I'm not BH, but would like to prepare and prevent hopefully.
I have Vit. C at home, but which Zinc is good to take and how much? Any vitamin savvy ladies here that could give me advice.

thank you

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:58 am
I was told 50 mg of zinc three times a day, at the first symptom.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:01 am
Is zinc an immune boosters? If so, shouldn't it be avoided?

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:11 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Is zinc an immune boosters? If so, shouldn't it be avoided?

Boosting your immune system is a good thing.

Cytokine storm, when your immune system goes haywire and ends up causing more damage, is so severe that presence or absence of immune system boosters is likely irrelevant.

Interestingly, Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant, seems to provide some benefit, but treating the cytokine storm directly is still necessary. There are tests for it, serum ferritin I believe is the gold standard. And cytokine storm is what makes many flu variants etc. so deadly.

thanks

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 8:14 am
Also make sure to take vitamin D supplements. We are all deficient in the northern hemisphere, and it help prevent and fight colds and viruses.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:13 pm
Can someone pls post a link of the zinc Thats good to take now? All stores sold out and id like to order online

sari00

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:25 pm
https://www.koshervitamins.com.....blets
just bought these Smile

southernbubby

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:29 pm
I wanted to be prepared for chas v'sholem an emergency so a place called Sprouts delivered vitamins C, D, and Zinc and told me what to do with it.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:09 pm
What u doing w it??

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:59 pm
I’m taking 1,000 mg vitamin C daily. I feel like it’s the least I can do. Also drinking orange juice.
https://www.koshervitamins.com.....0-TAB

mommyW

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:48 am
If I have pure c bio plus with red raspberry is that good to give to my husband with the virus? The only vitamin c that I have in the house.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:00 am
mommyW wrote:
If I have pure c bio plus with red raspberry is that good to give to my husband with the virus? The only vitamin c that I have in the house.

Any vitamin C is better than none. But be aware that 1000 mg is NOTHING when it comes to a virus. OK, not nothing, but you won't see results until you take A LOT more than that.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:02 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Any vitamin C is better than none. But be aware that 1000 mg is NOTHING when it comes to a virus. OK, not nothing, but you won't see results until you take A LOT more than that.

How much to take to see results?

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:11 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
How much to take to see results?

Till your body tells you it's enough (you start feeling gassy = you've reached your tolerance level and should start taking less each time).

Likely to be AT LEAST 10,000 mg and up to 50,000 or 100,000 mg per day.

I use sodium ascorbate powder (very cheap, CRC says it doesn't need a hechsher - it's a common food ingredient, and it is buffered so it's not so harsh on your stomach), and take it by the half teaspoon (that's about 2200 mg), and can take another dose every half hour to every hour for quite a while until I see results for a bad cold.

But if I take that much on a regular day, I'll be in the bathroom pretty quickly... your body really uses a lot more of it when you are sick.

HeartyAppetite

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:47 am
You should take zinc lozenges and suck on them. Capsules aren’t good as The zinc needs to touch your throat directly.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 6:45 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:
You should take zinc lozenges and suck on them. Capsules aren’t good as The zinc needs to touch your throat directly.

I read this to you put it in the back your mouth
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics