Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Covering countertops?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:30 pm
First time making pesach. What's your tried and true way? Covering with foil? Any tips and tricks?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:46 pm
I buy peel and stick vinyl floor tiles (available on Amazon or at any home improvement type of store). They're like $1 a piece or less, and are 12" x 12". They're cheap and easy to cut to size. Foil tends to tear over Pesach and that makes me nervous. The floor tiles wipe down nicely and look great.

I put down a quick layer of foil first so they don't stick to the countertop, but even when it has stuck to the counter it hasn't been too hard to pull off, and doesn't leave too much residue.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:49 pm
And I know you didn't ask this, but if your minhag is to line the refrigerator, my best trick is Glad Press N' Seal. It's thicker than plastic wrap and a little bit tacky, so it's very easy to put up and you can tape it on afterwards. It also molds very well into all the crevices so I can cover it thoroughly. Pulls off with no residue in no time after Pesach.

sky

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:03 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
And I know you didn't ask this, but if your minhag is to line the refrigerator, my best trick is Glad Press N' Seal. It's thicker than plastic wrap and a little bit tacky, so it's very easy to put up and you can tape it on afterwards. It also molds very well into all the crevices so I can cover it thoroughly. Pulls off with no residue in no time after Pesach.

Thank you. My mother in law does this and every year I forget and use harder stuff.

I cover my counters with thick plastic. They sell it by the roll and cut to size. I get a medium thickness. Not to thin that it rips and not too thick that it can’t bend. Also the thicker the more $$. I start it at the top of the backsplash and end it at the end of the counters so everything is covered. Cutout sinks and outlets. It’s easy to wipe clean and looks neat. And after pesach I just throw it out.
I have a note with the length I need and just have it recut every year.
I also use the plastic to cover all my tables and desks and surfaces that are used a lot on pesach.

thanks

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:09 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I buy peel and stick vinyl floor tiles (available on Amazon or at any home improvement type of store). They're like $1 a piece or less, and are 12" x 12". They're cheap and easy to cut to size. Foil tends to tear over Pesach and that makes me nervous. The floor tiles wipe down nicely and look great.

I put down a quick layer of foil first so they don't stick to the countertop, but even when it has stuck to the counter it hasn't been too hard to pull off, and doesn't leave too much residue.

Since counters are two feet deep, I use tiles that are 12x24. I first cover the counter with plastic or silver foil, then I scatter a few tiles on the counter. They hold up well to the heat. Mine are ceramic, and they match my floor (leftover from construction), but vinyl works great too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics