Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
"New" things for your girls for Pesach

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:52 am
Inspired by this thread: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....86715

If you have no money to spend on new things for your girls, or no way to go out shopping, how can you make them feel special?

If they desperately need new shoes, you can always post on FB or Whatsapp and see if anyone has shoes in your DD's size. We all need to think of our neighbors, and be willing to lend out or give what the other person needs.

If you have nice jewelry, or even some fun costume jewelry, let your DD's wear it for the seder. They will feel like princesses, and they will feel very grown up that you trust them with something so valuable.

I used to love getting to wear my mother's or grandmother's jewelry. The feeling I got from just being able to borrow it was worth 100 new dresses. I have some of that jewelry now, and I have such fond memories of it.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:59 am
ART PROJECT TIME!!

Jewelry or accessories that they get to make can be special as well.

(Not sure how well it would work for my 16yo, but she does not need or think she needs new stuff for YT)

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 10:04 am
I’ve been ordering things from amazon and just making it work..
While one picky son will usually only wear name brand sneakers for close to $200 we looked on amazon together for a “temporary “ pair since he outgrew his current ones and believe or not for $16.99 he is very happy! Sometimes you might just luck out like I did with something like this.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 10:06 am
I told my girls they'll be able to wear makeup on yom tov. They're beyond excited. (They're 7 & 8).

out-of-towner

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:08 am
ITA FF!

However, one of the free cycle WhatsApp groups has actually been temporarily suspended because people on there were saying that now isn't the time to give away or take things from others because of the fear of COVID19 transference even on the objects themselves.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:58 am
out-of-towner wrote:
ITA FF!

However, one of the free cycle WhatsApp groups has actually been temporarily suspended because people on there were saying that now isn't the time to give away or take things from others because of the fear of COVID19 transference even on the objects themselves.

Wash in hot water, and leave out in direct sunlight for 24 hours. The virus will be as dead as Elvis.

I was out today, and I saw a huge stretch of sidewalk set up with clothes and shoes for boys and girls of all ages. If something has to be dry cleaned, even better. No virus is going to survive that.

Besides, if you buy in the stores, who knows how many other people have touched that item before you bought it?

BTW, if you are in Beit Shemesh, it's on Dolev near Park Center. There were some very nice things there in good shape, no shmattes.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 8:53 am
I will blow dry my girls hair!

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 9:04 am
Alternatively, go on target or h&m and have them pick out a piece of costume jewelry or other accessory. I just ordered myself a $20 watch as my new thing for YT (my husband is makpid I should have something new)

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 9:27 am
FF, you're so great!

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 9:32 am
Right now, the experts are saying that washing the clothing makes it safe to wear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics