Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Baltimore saying no guests also

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 10:57 am
Baltimore rav just put out a statement no out of town pesach guests.
If anyone comes they must quarantine 14 days.

Similar to Florida.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:10 am
Nearly every frum community said that. Not only because it's dangerous for locals but it's a chillul Hashem to see out of state plates in front of frum homes or frum people coming to overwhelmed medical facilities.

Bsimcha

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:13 am
Wy are people still thinking about traveling?????
Mind boggling!

Yes, it may be very difficult, but very necessary.

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:13 am
Chicago also. They also required any single child coming home from sem/yeshiva/out of state highschool to quarantine themself for 14 days once they get home.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:21 am
Everyone should be saying that and staying home. Not sure why is is a chiddush or up for negotiation.

But hey, there is no accounting for stupidity and selfishness.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:25 am
The problem with quarantine is that every member of that household also has to quarantine or it's useless. How many are going to do actually do that? Meaning no going to grocery store.

We did that for past two weeks as our of town kids came, we haven't left the house for anything at all.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:33 am
Same for Cleveland. Not sure why Florida got so much hate for it (they have the biggest influx typically for pesach, which is why they had to publicize it so early and so widely).

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:35 am
Florida has a high density of elderly people many of which have significant medical problems. Its a unique situation that people dont seem to grasp .

southernbubby

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:23 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Florida has a high density of elderly people many of which have significant medical problems. Its a unique situation that people dont seem to grasp .

It also attracts more tourists than just about anywhere in America.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:27 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Same for Cleveland. Not sure why Florida got so much hate for it (they have the biggest influx typically for pesach, which is why they had to publicize it so early and so widely).

I think Florida got so much flack specifically in the mikvah thread (which I agree was a smart move to deter visitors). I'm a Baltimore gal and I am so happy the rabbanim are stepping up to that plate to make such statements.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 10:25 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I think Florida got so much flack specifically in the mikvah thread (which I agree was a smart move to deter visitors). I'm a Baltimore gal and I am so happy the rabbanim are stepping up to that plate to make such statements.

I'm in Baltimore too and I have been very very very impressed with our Rabbis!

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 10:29 pm
Passaic/Clifton just came out with a statement saying the same (including not having your married children)

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 10:50 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Passaic/Clifton just came out with a statement saying the same (including not having your married children)

Yesterday Baltimore vaad said no one shld be getting together from in town or out of town. Even family. (I wld recommend asking abt special circumstances though). And the governer said we must shelter in place (which is really no diff from before except now u can get fined)

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 11:03 pm
mha3484 wrote:

I just got the bad news today, that a second cousin who I used to play with as a kid because we are the same age, passed away on Shabbos from the virus. He lived in Florida and had been fit and in good health. No medical problems. It's hard to believe he's gone. He was the guy who came to the Seder dressed as Moshe Rabbeinu and showered the guests with you frogs.
That virus is already bad news in Florida.

tante_feige

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:06 am
southernbubby wrote:
I just got the bad news today, that a second cousin who I used to play with as a kid because we are the same age, passed away on Shabbos from the virus. He lived in Florida and had been fit and in good health. No medical problems. It's hard to believe he's gone. He was the guy who came to the Seder dressed as Moshe Rabbeinu and showered the guests with you frogs.

I am so sorry for your loss

WhatFor

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 3:23 am
southernbubby wrote:

Bde. I'm so so so sorry for your loss.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics