Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
EBay shipping mistake

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:50 am
I purchased a Kate Spade handbag and matching wallet online during their Surprise Sale at an excellent price, but at final sale. For various reasons, I changed my mind and put up the handbag for sale on eBay, figuring I'd keep the wallet or put it up for sale at a later time. I was anxious to get it out in time, even though I don't have a printer and had difficulty finding a printer to print the label. I usually print at the public library (closed) or dh prints for me at work (closed). I finally got someone to print it for me and ran to the post office to ship it yesterday. I must have been so overwhelmed that I forgot to make sure that the handbag was completely empty, and I believe the wallet is still inside.
I can't get to myself. Sad . I'm trying to tell myself that it should be a kapara and it was meant to be, but am wondering if anyone here has any suggestions, if there's anything at all I can still do. I paid about $97 for both the handbag and wallet together after tax. I sold the handbag for $77 before eBay fees (still not sure how much eBay will deduct). I know that it's typical to sell things at a loss and I should be grateful that I paid so little so that I could recoup my money even if it didn't actually work out that way due to my blunder, but I'm still very upset. Anything I can do? Should I message the buyer that she should ship it back if I send her a prepaid label, or send me $25-30, or should I just let it go?

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:55 am
I think you meant message the buyer - and yes you should ask her if she'll ship the wallet back to you.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:56 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I think you meant message the buyer - and yes you should ask her if she'll ship the wallet back to you.

You're right, I edited

Last edited by amother on Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

By me sending her a label? And what if she doesn't actually do it? Then I sustain another loss of the label? Or am I only charged for a label if it's actually used?

She may also deny that it was there, because truthfully, I have no way of knowing with certainty that it was inside.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 10:06 am
You could try to tell her what happened and see if they send it back. Send her a prepared label right away!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 10:24 am
Just checked PayPal. Unless eBay will still charge me additional fees, looks like the total I was paid for the transaction was $74 after fees and shipping.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
By me sending her a label? And what if she doesn't actually do it? Then I sustain another loss of the label? Or am I only charged for a label if it's actually used?

She may also deny that it was there, because truthfully, I have no way of knowing with certainty that it was inside.

message her. tell her what you think happened. ask her if she has the wallet. ask her if she'll send it back to you if you provide shipping.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 10:51 am
You can ask the buyer but it's up to her if she wants to agree/be honest about it and you can't really do anything about it. Be prepared you might get negative feedback for your mistake .

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 10:59 am
You can ask her to ship it back but you certainly can't ask her to pay extra money for something she didn't order and wasn't planning on buying.
If I were the buyer and was sent a shipping label I would send it back, but honestly, with social distancing now it might be quite awhile before I'd be willing to go to a post office or ups to drop it off. So there's also that factor, unfortunately.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:39 am
I'd let it go.
You didn't love the wallet. You're loosing a potential $20-$25 on the resale of the wallet (minus the fees). Not worth setting yourself up for aggravation of massaging with buyer and then her possibly not sending it anyway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics