Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Pesach with my parents
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:08 am
Please don’t bash! I’m asking out interest cuz no one knows anything now anyway! Can’t plan for tomorrow so how can we plan for pesach, but: my parents both had the virus and are getting over it now. They’re both low 50’s. I’m quarantined since last week Wednesday. Didn’t leave my house besides to take the garbage. I’m in a 2 bedroom small dingy apt with 3 kids. For my sanity I can not see myself being home! I never made pesach home yet. I prepared with the possibility that I might need to be home. Bought a croc pot etc. do u think if everyone continues to feel fine, I can go to my mom for pesach? Is it better to move in with her? Or stay home and walk over for sedition? She lives about 15 min walk away. The thought of being home just depresses me!

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:12 am
Question is what do your parents say?
Question is how big a house do your parents have?
Question is can you move in for 2-3 weeks and continue quarantine there?

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:12 am
If you and everyone in your house are self-quarantined for 2 weeks (no contact with anyone else, no going anywhere) and are still symptom free, it should be safe to go if they're also healthy.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:16 am
Rabbanim in several cities are saying no, based on their consultations with local doctors. Please consult a doctor, don't rely on Dr. Internet.

giselle

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:18 am
What about grocery deliveries? Have you truly had zero access with the outside world? I feel for you, OP. It's so hard on so many.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:21 am
giselle wrote:
What about grocery deliveries? Have you truly had zero access with the outside world? I feel for you, OP. It's so hard on so many.

Yup, I did phone orders. Sprayed them with Lysol when I got it. It feels so unfair that I’m
Doing it all the way, and that ppl are walking the streets regularly. Makes me feel like I’m doing all this invane but that’s a whole other thread Surprised

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please don’t bash! I’m asking out interest cuz no one knows anything now anyway! Can’t plan for tomorrow so how can we plan for pesach, but: my parents both had the virus and are getting over it now. They’re both low 50’s. I’m quarantined since last week Wednesday. Didn’t leave my house besides to take the garbage. I’m in a 2 bedroom small dingy apt with 3 kids. For my sanity I can not see myself being home! I never made pesach home yet. I prepared with the possibility that I might need to be home. Bought a croc pot etc. do u think if everyone continues to feel fine, I can go to my mom for pesach? Is it better to move in with her? Or stay home and walk over for sedition? She lives about 15 min walk away. The thought of being home just depresses me!

Hi, so I had the same question, but more kids and a smaller apt, plus... & we all had the virus already.
Asked the dr & the answer was NO!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:25 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Hi, so I had the same question, but more kids and a smaller apt, plus... & we all had the virus already.
Asked the dr & the answer was NO!

Wow even if ur parents already also
Had it??? I know I should thank HaShem that I’m healthy but this is soooooo hard!! I wish it can just end!!!!

giselle

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Had it??? I know I should thank HaShem that I’m healthy but this is soooooo hard!! I wish it can just end!!!!

Hang in there. Keep up with the gratitude. It really helps. This hasn't been easy on me at all, but every day I verbalize three things I'm grateful to Hashem for, and it really helps. Remember, we're all in this together!

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Tell me about it...
But ya, I kind of felt like this was a first world problem I was asking about...

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yeah, I don't get what the problem would be if they already had it. People are acting with no logic - just no no no scream yell scream. It's like we all forgot to use seichel.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:50 am
Because the virus is new, it's anybody's guess but to me, it sounds like a low risk situation. There probably are no zero risk social situations, just that some social contact is riskier than others.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yup, I did phone orders. Sprayed them with Lysol when I got it. It feels so unfair that I’m
Doing it all the way, and that ppl are walking the streets regularly. Makes me feel like I’m doing all this invane but that’s a whole other thread Surprised

I know this feeling. I have it too. Locked in, canceled cleaning help, no play dates. And then I see people being much more relaxed. Letting kids go out with friends... going to parents...
But really, those are the people that I see. You don’t see the millions of family’s staying home like you and me.
We are in this together, it is really hard for all of us.
Not telling you what to do just wanted you to know that most of us are in the same boat.

giselle

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:05 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I know this feeling. I have it too. Locked in, canceled cleaning help, no play dates. And then I see people being much more relaxed. Letting kids go out with friends... going to parents...
But really, those are the people that I see. You don’t see the millions of family’s staying home like you and me.
We are in this together, it is really hard for all of us.
Not telling you what to do just wanted you to know that most of us are in the same boat.

Are there really people whose kids are going out with friends?

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:07 pm
I just got a letter signed by the rebbeim of every single stream of my community stating that families should not eat together this pesach. No exceptions. Your mother can be your next door neighbor neighbor and you should not be sharing meals or sleeping space together.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:14 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I just got a letter signed by the rebbeim of every single stream of my community stating that families should not eat together this pesach. No exceptions. Your mother can be your next door neighbor neighbor and you should not be sharing meals or sleeping space together.

walking back and forth from home to home is a risk. But what if they move in to a big house with a yard and don’t go anywhere for 2-3 weeks?
I know someone in monsey who has a huge house on 3 acres of land. They can accommodate their married kids.

thriver

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:19 pm
ASK YOUR DOCTOR (a credible one please)

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
walking back and forth from home to home is a risk. But what if they move in to a big house with a yard and don’t go anywhere for 2-3 weeks?
I know someone in monsey who has a huge house on 3 acres of land. They can accommodate their married kids.

My parents have about that. We are still not going, been quarantined- but who knows. Grocery delivery etc.

If my dad (who is bh relatively young and in good health bah) god forbid got sick I could never forgive myself. Even if it wasn’t our fault. We have to follow the rules.

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:02 pm
I would love to go somewhere for Pesach. This is only my second Pesach married. I never thought in a million years I'd be doing my own seder at this point in my life. I have very little idea of what I'm doing (still trying to get the hang of these Sephardi minhagim instead of the Ashkenazi ones I'm used to). My husband's parents are trying to come up with solutions, like they'll come pick us up. My local friends who are also staying here are hesitantly suggesting we get together for a small young couples meal. Both of those options are unbelievably tempting, but I just can't. I've accepted that this Pesach will be relatively lonely, and the yomtov will drag on, and I'll be very stressed, and the food won't be as good as either of our parents could have made, but that's just what it's going to have to be. Even if the chance is small, it's not worth the risk just so I don't have to be a little lonely for a few days. That's my thinking, at least. It is what it is.

If I didn't have kitniyot this year, it might be a different story Tongue Out (kidding, but it definitely helps)

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 5:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Explain what you mean. Now you’re saying people can’t go on a walk?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics