Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you aware that you are in the hands of Hashem?

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:26 pm
Are you?

Why is there so much blame on this website? You think if you blame it on someone else it'll help you?

Do you really think that if someone goes about their day irresponsibly that is what's causing another person to die? Don't you know that Hashem is the only One who can decide when and how each and everyone of us should die?

I am in no way trying to say that since Hashem is in control we can do whatever we please without thinking twice. No, completely not.

We each have a responsibility to act wise.

It says ונשמרתם מאוד לנפשותיכם. That is a responsibility on YOU to do whatever is WITHIN YOUR control. What the other person does, is not in YOUR control and will therefore NOT kill you.

On the contrary, your blaming and being nasty to others may kill you CV. It'll bring more kitrig. Being nice, doing mitzvos and davening is what will protect you and your loved ones.

We each also have the ability to raise awareness. Raising awareness is NOT done through bashing, screaming, yelling, verbally abusing and bullying. To raise awareness say what you want to say nicely and calmly.

Remember though that each of us has our own mind, we each see things differently, understand things differently, and we each make our own decisions based on the sechel that Hashem gave us.

I understand that each person's actions right now means so much more because it's a contagious virus going around. That still doesn't take away our own unique sechel and bechira.

***Disclaimer before you continue reading: I am in isolation with my family for the past week and a half.***

There is a nice amount of evidence showing that this is not such a pandemic as it is made to be. Numbers and statistics don't lie. This is definitely many people's logic for not obeying the rules perfectly. There is NOTHING you can do about it.

You want to say that rabbanomin are saying to stay home and how does anyone have the audacity to disobey? I challenge you; have you ALWAYS listened to everything rabbanomin said we should/ shouldn't do? Most likely not. We each fail at some point. Just because you choose differently than the other person doesn't make you any better.

Additionally, the unnecessary stress makes a person a lot more susceptible to be a statistic CV. All of us are most likely exposed and carry the virus already. Stress weakens and compromises the immune system tremendously and will make it harder for said person's otherwise healthy body to fight the virus.

May we each have inner clarity to do the right things, and find it within ourselves to let go of what is not in our control.

May Hashem protect over all of us, and remove this virus from our midst.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:42 pm
Thank you!

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:52 pm
Why do you think that what other people post is in your hands?

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:34 am
Thanks Yiddishmom, I needed that.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:22 am
Every time I read your thread title I feel better

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 11:30 am
Thank you!!!This was bothering me immensely . I couldn't have written it better. As we all are on lockdown I am reading imamother too much...

southernbubby

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:37 pm
What I don't understand is the line that whatever is not in our control won't kill us. If one person in an apartment building has a fire, it can chas v'sholem kill someone in an adjoining apartment. Now obviously Hashem decided to take that person but we will still blame someone who was careless with fire.

With this virus, there are bigger and smaller risks with air travel between states being one of the biggest risks. Naturally, no one should take that risk l'kovid Pesach. If travelers make the locals sick, I can't blame them for blaming!

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 2:29 pm
I agree with you Southernbubby. According to 100% nature, yes it's the other person's fault.

But, we as Jews know and believe that Hakol Mishamayim, whether it's easy for us to see it or not.

Whoever acts irresponsibly or negligent and ends up being a shaliach for another's harm will take it up with God directly. But, we should remember that we down here don't always know who is in the wrong. What may seem wrong to us doesn't necessarily have to be considered wrong up there.

Wishing everyone a wonderful, enjoyable, happy, peaceful and safe shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics