Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Any ideas?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 4:45 pm
Not sure if this it the right forum, because not sure I have Coronavirus, but either way it relates to kids being home due to quarantine. I haven’t been well the past few weeks and have been spending most of the day in bed. I feel an overwhelming amount of guilt that I am not using this time to bond with my children. I don’t even feel up to let’s say playing a game of chess in my bed. Any ideas how I can spend more time with them while feeling so weak and drained?

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 4:51 pm
Take care of yourself first!!!! The more you care for yourself first the more you’ll be able to take care of your kids. Cut yourself some slack and be compassionate with yourself. Let yourself have the rest you need. Iy”h you’ll feel better soon and will be able to give the kids their full attention.

bbhem5

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 4:57 pm
Refuah sheleima, OP!! Be kind to yourself! Also realistic. You can't do what you can't do, and that's nothing to feel guilty about!

You asked for ideas: Can you listen to stories together? Chat? Have them read to you? Playing a simpler game than chess? And if you can't, you can't!

Have you seen a doctor (in person or telemedicine)? I'm concerned that you're so sick for so long!

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 5:01 pm
Feel good first.
I have a feeling we still have lots of bonding time left before all goes back to normal....

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 5:30 pm
Instead of being in bed, set up a bed for yourself on the sofa. Kids mostly just want to play next to you, not necessarily with you. They want to feel your presence, and if you are in the bedroom they will feel that you are not as close. If you have the energy, you could read them a couple of stories.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics