Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why cant hashem just make the bad people die
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:39 pm
Why the good people??

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:41 pm
Hashem wants the good people with Him and the malachim, where they belong. The good people deserve the best, and they are getting the best in olam habah.

Hug Hug Hug
It's so so hard to accept Sad

lilies

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:44 pm
Simple, isn't it?
Smile

healthymom1

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:45 pm
The good people have completed their reason here

The 'bad' (most of us!) need a chance

Genius

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:45 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Hashem wants the good people with Him and the malachim, where they belong. The good people deserve the best, and they are getting the best in olam habah.

Hug Hug Hug
It's so so hard to accept Sad

It’s a bit tricky to say that. Why would I want to be good if I believe that.
OP this is an age old question.

avrahamama

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:48 pm
Rabbi Avigdor Miller said that if only reshaim died then people would realize that being good and keeping Torah is life saving and then there would'nt be any true bechira. And so when HKBH sends out the destructive forces they don't discriminate.

malki2

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:53 pm
Hashem takes the good people who are worth much more than the regular people so he only has to take a few of them. The Chofetz Chaim had a son-in-law (R Tzvi Hirsch Levenson) who died early. The CC said that Hashem took his son-in-law in place of 1/3 of the Jewish people.

giselle

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 2:02 pm
This is an age old question. Why do bad things happen to good people? I believe Moshe Rabeinu asked that to Hashem, although I may be mistaken about who asked. Only Hashem knows the answer.

sub

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 2:47 pm
malki2 wrote:
Hashem takes the good people who are worth much more than the regular people so he only has to take a few of them. The Chofetz Chaim had a son-in-law (R Tzvi Hirsch Levenson) who died early. The CC said that Hashem took his son-in-law in place of 1/3 of the Jewish people.

This is what I learned. And it scares me a-lot. Because too many rabbanim passed away or are sick.

octopus

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 2:49 pm
We are losing rabbanim and roshei yeshiva. Its so scary.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 5:16 pm
today would have neem my mothers 82 birthdya she died chanuka
she was the most good natured person and suffered several monthe with lung cancer even thous she
never smoked she had kidnsy failure bed sores no my father is dyiing of cancer he is 91

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 5:31 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
today would have neem my mothers 82 birthdya she died chanuka
she was the most good natured person and suffered several monthe with lung cancer even thous she
never smoked she had kidnsy failure bed sores no my father is dyiing of cancer he is 91

Big big hugs!
In the "please don't call me a hypocrite" thingy, I have often recommended Making Sense of Suffering by Rav Yitzchak Kirzner, zt"l, but I never finished it. This thread is the impetus for me to do just that.

clowny

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 6:25 pm
We are not supposed to question Hashem. We believe that was He does is for the good although most of the time we can’t understand it.

sequoia

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 1:46 pm
They will eventually.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 2:57 pm
The bad ones will get all of their reward in this world, and have no reward left over in the world to come.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 3:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why the good people??

Why can't Hashem just make it so that only people who can't follow the coronavirus guidelines get sick and die? Why do others have to suffer from their actions?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 3:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why the good people??

Bad people do die.

But a) to their families and friends, they are good and beloved, b) good people are mourned more and more widely, so as a community we feel the impact more.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 3:48 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
The bad ones will get all of their reward in this world, and have no reward left over in the world to come.

Wow, but I don't do things for rewards in the World to Come.
I do things based on what's right. Future rewards may or may not happen. And they don't really matter to me.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 3:53 pm
octopus wrote:
We are losing rabbanim and roshei yeshiva. Its so scary.

I know....it is scary. And makes me think. What will be in a few months?

There aren't enough qualified (or even not-yet-qualified, but up-and-coming) young rabbanim and potential roshei yeshiva to replace them.

Hillery

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 4:12 pm
The question isn't worded very precisely as Hashem 'can' do whatever He wants. So basically you're asking why Hashem doesn't do as you personally understand? Well only Hashem Himself can understand His ways.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics