Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
All NY hospitals must allow person in with woman in labor

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 9:00 pm
Governor Cuomo is ordering all NY hospitals to allow someone in with the woman in labor! Wanted to let everyone who is due now know so they can breathe a sigh of relief.

pause

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 9:10 pm
Yes, BH. I posted the update on the thread about the petition, and found your thread after.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 9:25 pm
I know someone who gave birth this week in Staten island and wasn't allowed anyone in with her. People there or people who know, let me know if they listen.

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 9:27 pm
Is this true for New Jersey yet???

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 9:27 pm
That was the rule last week. But just updated to allow one support person with lots of precautions. Fully gowned. Temps every 13 hours etc

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Is this true for New Jersey yet???

RWJ in New Brunswick changed their policy on Wednesday to allow partners/husbands to be there by the labor and delivery only.

octopus

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:06 pm
All those people on the other thread that said no one was listening, don't bother with a petition. Look at that! The governor was listening!

tweety1

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 11:19 pm
octopus wrote:
All those people on the other thread that said no one was listening, don't bother with a petition. Look at that! The governor was listening!

You really think it was us ladies on imamother who the governor to change the rule??

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 12:09 am
tweety1 wrote:
You really think it was us ladies on imamother who the governor to change the rule??

Not necessarily, but in the article I read, it spoke about the petition in the same breath it gave the governor's ruling. Do you think frum ladies were the only ones upset at the rule???? Do you think frum ladies were the only ones to sign the petition? I doubt it.

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 12:16 am
And besides that, it is a lesson in how things work in american democracy. Whether I agreed with hospital policy or not , no one should be telling someone else not to speak up because of xyz policy. That's what people on the other thread were doing. Health care workers mostly on the other thread. People are allowed to speak up . We don't live under communism. (Again, my personal feelings on the matter are moot. I have mixed feelings about this by the way...)

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:56 am
Yay! Win for those who see women's rights and their own whims and desires as more important than the lives of millions.

RIP New York. You were once one of the most populous states, but your liberalism won out in the end, killing one of your last efforts to flatten the curve.

We hope we don't watch you digging mass graves the way Iran and China have been. That would be heartbreaking.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:58 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
That was the rule last week. But just updated to allow one support person with lots of precautions. Fully gowned. Temps every 13 hours etc

Precautions fiddlesticks. Those won't help anything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics