Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How will the virus end?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:29 pm
Is there any other way other then a vaccine (which is at least months away) or herd immunity? I think the social distancing is a great idea and my family and I are strictly adhering to it. That being said I'm wondering if the virus will leave until it infects enough people so that there's herd immunity.

We can all stay inside for the next few weeks but does the virus know we are hiding and so it lingers around and then when we go back outside in a few weeks it will get us? I realize that even for the sake of ensuring the hospitals can work efficiently we need to make sure we don't all get it at once, but are 50% of us destined to get it because the virus just won't leave until herd immunity is achieved?

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there any other way other then a vaccine (which is at least months away) or herd immunity? I think the social distancing is a great idea and my family and I are strictly adhering to it. That being said I'm wondering if the virus will leave until it infects enough people so that there's herd immunity.

We can all stay inside for the next few weeks but does the virus know we are hiding and so it lingers around and then when we go back outside in a few weeks it will get us? I realize that even for the sake of ensuring the hospitals can work efficiently we need to make sure we don't all get it at once, but are 50% of us destined to get it because the virus just won't leave until herd immunity is achieved?

Aaaaaahhhhh not Boris Johnson's herd immunity again and singing happy birthday twice while washing your hands!!!! (Boris obviously didn't wash his hands enough😉) Well we all know where that left the UK, in a mess. Joking apart the only way this is going to be stopped is with a vaccine just like with small pox, polio, etc....
(A UK imamother here who is totally sick of the herd immunity theory, that obviously never worked and endangered thousands of peoples lives. That is not just my view but the view of the UK public.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics