Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
3 day yom tov

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 11:48 pm
So unless you live in Isreal it looks like we will be having a 3 day yom tov. what are your plans for staying sane ? no shule no guest no playdates for kids. lets make a list of ideas to keep as sane

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 11:51 pm
No ideas.
One reality
Lose my mind.
Stuck in a basement. Needed to buy a house a long time ago but havnt found 1 yet.
If I can barely last a shabbos from claustrophobia now then how am I getting thru 3 day yt? Honestly seems impossible and im terrified.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 11:55 pm
I'm worried about my MIL who is alone. She did not handle shabbos well. I am hoping we're well and she can drive to us for Pesach iyh. I'm worried they will not be allowing people in/ out ny nj in a week though.

mha3484

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 11:56 pm
I’m buying every magazine I can we will take a lot of walks and naps since the sedarim are so late.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 12:11 am
Beezras Hashem we will all be healthy and able to take a walk at least once a day. I bought some new books a while ago that I will be pulling out. Also planning on letting each child earn a new toy or game by cleaning for pesach with me. Hashem will give us strength Smile My heart really goes out to those in more difficult situations: anyone who is elderly, alone, sick, worried about hospitalized family members, etc.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:02 am
At least I have others.

My neighbor lives all alone. Will spend Seder, 3 days pesach all alone. With her kids in town. It breaks my heart.
She won’t even come to door on Shabbos for me to check on her Sad.

Another is a single mother and her only child. Also totally isolated due to health concerns. Hopefully they make it out okay after it just being themselves for so long.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:43 am
DH is super sick now and not careful with spreading germs. At this rate I need a huge miracle I shouldn't contract the virus rendering me, a mom of plenty bh, incapacitated through yom tov.

cnc

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:53 am
Lots of
Board games
Books
Naptimes

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 9:15 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I'm worried about my MIL who is alone. She did not handle shabbos well. I am hoping we're well and she can drive to us for Pesach iyh. I'm worried they will not be allowing people in/ out ny nj in a week though.

Rabbanim EVERYWHERE are saying shelter in place, don't even visit local family. And of course don't drive intercommunity or interstate. I'm really sorry. They are talking about extenuating circumstances, where the potential guests and hosts should quarantine for 14 days and then they can host, but the guest shouldn't go anywhere else. Hugs!

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 9:16 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
DH is super sick now and not careful with spreading germs. At this rate I need a huge miracle I shouldn't contract the virus rendering me, a mom of plenty bh, incapacitated through yom tov.

Refuah shleima to your husband! I know with corona who have a day or two of fever, and while they're feeling a little run down, are able to function pretty well. I hope noone gets it but IyH by whoever does.

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 9:21 am
I am just worried about my mum who will be alone for the Sedre nights and Yom Tov!! 😭😭😭😭😭

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 9:24 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Rabbanim EVERYWHERE are saying shelter in place, don't even visit local family. And of course don't drive intercommunity or interstate. I'm really sorry. They are talking about extenuating circumstances, where the potential guests and hosts should quarantine for 14 days and then they can host, but the guest shouldn't go anywhere else. Hugs!

Yes, pinkfridge, I know. Thats exactly my concern. She is losing touch and becoming a bit unwell from being alone. She is not exceedingly old, but to be completely alone for a 3 day yom tov is a stress I dont think she can handle. During the week, we call and take turns talking but yomtov will be very hard. I think we will need to get her rabbi involved.
I'm not saying this lightly. This is why I am worried.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 9:25 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Yes, pinkfridge, I know. Thats exactly my concern. She is losing touch and becoming a bit unwell from being alone. She is not exceedingly old, but to be completely alone for a 3 day yom tov is a stress I dont think she can handle. During the week, we call and take turns talking but yomtov will be very hard. I think we will need to get her rabbi involved.
I'm not saying this lightly. This is why I am worried.

Hatzlacha. It sounds like you will be the exceptions, and I wish you all good health to pull it off.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics