Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Video of sick baby

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 9:06 pm
I just watched a video on Jewish breaking news or something like that on Instagram. I know I probably should not have. It was the first thing that popped up. A newborn baby with Coronavirus, struggling to breathe and sick.
I’m pregnant and due in a few months and I’m shaking.
Maybe I should expose myself to corona now so there’s less of a chance of getting it near my due date.
I’m crying, I’m so scared.

southernbubby

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 9:16 pm
Does anyone know if it causes miscarriage, pre-term labor or IUGR?

hodeez

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 9:26 pm
The anxiety and stress will kill you before covid does. Don't watch these things and make it worse. I'm also due in a few months and know the severity of the situation, but I'm doing all I can to keep my family and myself safe. The rest is up to Hashem. Bshaah tova

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 9:53 pm
Here in the UK they are telling all pregnant women to self isolate for at least 12 weeks dont know what the advice is in other partts of the world.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:16 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Here in the UK they are telling all pregnant women to self isolate for at least 12 weeks dont know what the advice is in other partts of the world.

Wow. That is a long time. And then I wouldn't be able to go out afterwards either, until the baby is how old? I don't think this is doable. Unless my entire family quarantines along with me. And that would be very hard.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 12:15 am
Not to minimize Corona, but if I posted a video of my baby with RSV struggling to breathe, you'd also be very upset. We spent quite a few days in the ICU on oxygen.

But although RSV goes around every year, we don't allow the fear of it to rule our lives.

Incidentally, although that baby (now much older bh) has a twin (they were full-term btw) who also got RSV at the same time, the twin did not get nearly as sick.

I don't think this should be a serious worry.

May the rest of your pregnancy and birth go smoothly and easily, and have a healthy baby besha'a tova.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Maybe I should expose myself to corona now so there’s less of a chance of getting it near my due date.
I’m crying, I’m so scared.

OP, I feel so sympathetic. I can’t imagine the fear of expecting at a time like this. please don’t get infected. Pregnant women have weakened immune systems, which would put you at high risk. Take care of yourself, stay home, and daven. Stay healthy!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:37 am
I’m due in a few weeks and yes, my family has been under strict quarantine for the last 2 weeks. I pulled my kids out of school before schools were ordered to close, and iyh I intend to keep this up as long as need be to protect my newborn iyh. You do what you gotta do...

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:54 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:

Not ALL pregnant women for 12 weeks. Only those with underlying health problems, specifically heart disease. This has been clarified, please check your facts on NHS.uk and Gov.uk websites before posting misinformation.

Bshaar tova OP. I would not take the risk of purposefully exposing yourself and your unborn baby. I know someone that caught it and had to have an emergency c section at 7 months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics