Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Baby nurse situation (OOT)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 12:54 am
I'm due right after pesach and I'm having a c-section. I was planning on having a baby nurse. I live OOT and no agency will send me one (which is what I did last time).

My neighbor has had a baby nurse and was planning on letting me have her work for me after her.... That was the plan but I just found out her husband was confirmed with coronavirus. He still has symptoms but they started 14 days ago (or possibly more).

My friend, the nurse, and 3/5 of her kids are not sick. I IYH won't need the nurse for 3 weeks.

WWYD/recommend? I desperately need someone but I don't know if it's a good idea.

I may have been exposed to my neighbor so it's possible that I've been exposed too.

There are just so many "possibles" that I don't know what to do. I'm gonna ask my doc IRL but want to know what ppl think...although I get the feeling if I have to ask... I know what the answer is.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:44 am
You know the answer, there’s a reason why no agency will send you a nurse.

I’m due iyh right after Pesach and I cancelled my cleaning lady 2 weeks ago, and cancelled all planned help for after the baby. I also plan on taking all the kids back home the day I come home from the hospital. As long as everyone is healthy and safe I’ll deal... If anything you should have less people coming into your house once you have a newborn.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:22 am
if you & her were exposed already. I would take her. I'm in the same situation. Only I'm due in july (or earlier) with twins. I hope this resolves soon as I have no idea how I will cope...

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 8:44 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
if you & her were exposed already. I would take her. I'm in the same situation. Only I'm due in july (or earlier) with twins. I hope this resolves soon as I have no idea how I will cope...

Neither got it for sure if exposed.
Also babies are at risk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics