Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Mikvah - only symptom is lost taste/smell

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 8:52 pm
Supposed to go to the Mikvah but lost my sense of taste/smell six days ago. Apparently this is a symptom of COVID. I B”H have no other symptoms.
Any idea when it will be ok for me to go?

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 8:55 pm
According to my doctor, 7 days after all symptoms stop. I'm in the same position as you, now. It's not easy, I know.

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 8:56 pm
Maybe 14 days? Thanks for being honest and not pretending to be fine and going... appreciated. You could be saving a life.

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:39 pm
According to my Dr. loss of taste/smell is probably the result of nerve damage from the virus and can last for weeks after the virus. It does not necessarily mean you are still contagious but as with so much in this new crazy time, no-one really knows. Maybe call your Dr or Mikvah and ask.

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:42 pm
Was supposed to go Thursday night. The Dr that mikvah confers with said to wait 14 days from when symptoms started. (And should be at least 3 days from when all the symptoms disappear). Just sharing this to make you feel you're in good company lol. Please do not use this as medical/rabbinical advice. Please consult your own mikva, Rav, doctor.

Success10

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 6:32 am
I just want to give encouragement to all women who are keeping harchakos longer due to the virus. When you have to sacrifice in order to keep a mitzvah, you get much more schar, such that you can't even imagine. Your commitment to this crucial halacha should be a zechus for you, and all of klal Yisroel.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 6:54 am
Check out Mrs. Ilana Cowland shiur on Torah anytime from last week for said chizuk
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics