Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
PSA dont use Keleim mivka

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:21 am
There have been going around social media at least 2 videos I know of and have seen of men using these mikvas as regular mikvas. One was taken in Israel and one in NY. You have been warned.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 6:39 am
Ask your rabbi, but my rabbi has sent out an email to all of the community saying that FOR THIS YEAR ONLY, new items do not have to be toiveled.

Try not to buy too many unnecessary things for Pesach, but if you really need that frying pan, then by all means go ahead and use it without dipping first.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 6:52 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Ask your rabbi, but my rabbi has sent out an email to all of the community saying that FOR THIS YEAR ONLY, new items do not have to be toiveled.

Try not to buy too many unnecessary things for Pesach, but if you really need that frying pan, then by all means go ahead and use it without dipping first.

We got a similar psak, asking our Rabbi about items we got for Pesach and didn't have the chance to tovel them before the even stricter restrictions in Israel. He said outright from his Rav that as long as you agree to make an effort to tovel those items the first chance you get, you're good to use them for the moment.

And obviously this psak is just for this emergency situation.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 6:52 am
That is only in some communities, FF, while others have ways to make it safe based on discussion with medical professionals in their circumstances... So ppl should not assume there is something wrong if their rabbonim have kept the keilim mikvah open.
And if your community has not, it's not just a matter of using a new pan without tevila, but there are specific instructions that should be understood on how to go about using things without tevila.

And OP, that's disgusting :-( I'm sorry there are Jews who are so self centered that think they should be doing that.

Hillery

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 7:38 am
Are keilim mikvahs in other places even big enough? Here they are too small for people to go.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 7:41 am
There is a way to somehow sell it to a nonjew and then buy it back. Not sure exactly how and why but I asked my husband to look into it.

I heard this concept being mentioned on a shiur

singleagain

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 8:17 am
Hillery wrote:
Are keilim mikvahs in other places even big enough? Here they are too small for people to go.

Kelim mik has to be the same dimensions as people mik.

avrahamama

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 8:18 am
Our local vaad is selling our keilim for us so that we do not have to tovel. Please call your local kashrut agency and see if they are doing the same.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 8:24 am
https://docs.google.com/forms/.....wform

I saw this. I don't know if it's reputable, AYLOR! You can sell dishes to a non Jew and borrow it, so it doesn't need tvilah.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 8:29 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

CYLOR for how to do this. Basically, one should do this BEFORE buying the object. Say that the item is hefker. Then tovel at the first possibility when this is over.
Please don't rely on my explanation. Also, there are possibilities if one has already bought the item but not yet toveled it, but not all rabbanim like it done that way.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 8:30 am
singleagain wrote:
Kelim mik has to be the same dimensions as people mik.

If that's the case, the keilim mikvah might be a minimum, and people mikvahs are more generous. At least that's what I think.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 8:46 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
That is only in some communities, FF, while others have ways to make it safe based on discussion with medical professionals in their circumstances... So ppl should not assume there is something wrong if their rabbonim have kept the keilim mikvah open.
And if your community has not, it's not just a matter of using a new pan without tevila, but there are specific instructions that should be understood on how to go about using things without tevila.

And OP, that's disgusting :-( I'm sorry there are Jews who are so self centered that think they should be doing that.

Please go back and read the first three words of my post.

I'm not an idiot. Mad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics