Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Keilim Mikvah in Flatbush

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 9:57 am
I want to buy at Amazing Savings for Pesach. Any ideas of a keilim mikvah I could use?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 9:59 am
I believe the Star-k has put out guidelines how to buy stuff for pesach and use without toiveling this year.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 10:41 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I believe the Star-k has put out guidelines how to buy stuff for pesach and use without toiveling this year.

I know they did Very Happy
I'm still inquiring.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 10:44 am
https://baltimorejewishlife.co.....29019

Heter to make keilim hefker and toivel after this situation.

Tevilas Kelim/Immersion of Food Utensils in a Mikva
As is well known, food utensils (e.g. pots,
pans, cutlery, drinking glasses, etc.) require Tevilas Kelim. However, to avoid overcrowding at the Kelim Mikva, which would create a serious public health concern, effective immediately the Kelim Mikvaos have been closed. Because of these extenuating circumstances one may rely on the leniency that utensils that are “hefker” (ownerless) or not belonging to a Jew, do not require tevila. This can be accomplished in the following manner:
a. If Purchasing Utensils from a Non-Jew - Before purchasing such utensils from a non-Jew, declare or have the following specifically in mind: “I am not acquiring these utensils. Even when I pay for them and take them home, they will not belong to me.”
b. If You Already Acquired Utensils or You are Purchasing them from a Jewish-Owned Store -
If you already own utensils that were not toveled (e.g. you already purchased them but did
not yet immerse them in the mikva) or uou purchased or received utensils as a gift from
someone Jewish, you must make the utensils “hefker” (ownerless) before using them.
• Follow these instructions: Arrange a conference call via phone or online with three
men over Bar Mitzva who know you and recognize your voice. At least one of them should be at least 18 years old. At least two of them should not be your relative or
relatives of each other. Tell the three men on the phone, “I hereby declare that all of the utensilsthat are mine that have not been toveled yet, are now hefker (ownerless).”
The three men should acknowledge your statement by responding, “Okay.” If you purchase additional such utensils afterwards, this procedure must be repeated.
Contact your Rav if you need further instructions or help in setting up such a conference call.
This is a special leniency that one can rely upon only during the current situation of pikuach nefesh (risk to life). When things return to normal, bez”H, one may not rely on the above method.
NOTE: Once the Kelim Mikva reopens you will be required to reacquire the utensils by picking them up and then toveling them (with a bracha, if required). Therefore, it is important that you carefully mark or
keep track of which utensils were not toveled, so that you will know which items need tevila in the future.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 10:52 am
Is amazing savings even open? I called last week, there was a message that they're closed until further notice.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:36 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Is amazing savings even open? I called last week, there was a message that they're closed until further notice.

I believe they initially planned to close, but then somehow got deemed essential and are still open. But call first before going, or hopefully someone else from the neighborhood can confirm that what I heard is correct.

soundofsilence

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:47 am
Is shop smart's kelim mikva open? (Nostrand L-M) anyone know?

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:27 am
soundofsilence wrote:
Is shop smart's kelim mikva open? (Nostrand L-M) anyone know?

No

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:35 am
op- your post is rubbing me the wrong way. if you know the rabbanim
are saying to not do this now why are
you STILL looking for one? there is a reason it had to be shut down. look at all the jewish websites and see the many many niftarim. this is pikuach nefesh. dont do a mitzvah that is really an aveirah. this is no time to be medakdek.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 6:55 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
op- your post is rubbing me the wrong way. if you know the rabbanim
are saying to not do this now why are
you STILL looking for one? there is a reason it had to be shut down. look at all the jewish websites and see the many many niftarim. this is pikuach nefesh. dont do a mitzvah that is really an aveirah. this is no time to be medakdek.

I don't think they're saying not to go bichlal, they're saying if you're not comfortable going then you can sell your keilim

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 7:05 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I don't think they're saying not to go bichlal, they're saying if you're not comfortable going then you can sell your keilim

Yes, my rav said better to go to body of water.

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 8:23 am
I found directions a natural body of water in Brooklyn that's kosher for tevilah and supposed to be uncrowded and accessible here, but I have not personally been there: https://matzav.com/basic-halac.....tsky/

soundofsilence

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 7:24 pm
doctorima wrote:
I found directions a natural body of water in Brooklyn that's kosher for tevilah and supposed to be uncrowded and accessible here, but I have not personally been there: https://matzav.com/basic-halac.....tsky/

Thanks I went there!

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 7:31 pm
Glad to help, was it as easy to find and access and as uncrowded as the article makes it seem?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 7:56 pm
doctorima wrote:
Glad to help, was it as easy to find and access and as uncrowded as the article makes it seem?

It was uncrowded when my husband went last week.
It’s a bit difficult to get to the water as you have to jump over a metal pole (sort of like a fence). It’s ok for anyone young and agile but wouldn’t recommend for elderly. It’s not super difficult, but ppl should know in advance and take proper caution.

soundofsilence

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 8:28 pm
Theres a longer path around the fence. You dont have to climb. It was not crowded. I had to step into the water to dip, should have worn my slippers. Got my shoes all muddy. Oh well

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

I’m not from the same community as the OP, but my rav said we should not rely on this heter because where I live there are keilim mikvaos open (based on guidance and consultation with medical professionals) and easily accessible natural bodies of water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries