Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Mikvah?

rachel0615

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:27 am
What are people doing about it? I'm so so scared to go. I know they are using extra chlorine in the mikvah, but what if the virus is in the water and I get exposed to it? Going to a lake here is not an option. I really really dont want to be in nidda for an unknown amount of time. But I'm so scared to get the virus and all that comes along with it. Thoughts? Esp from.medical professionals? I did ask an er dr who we r friends with. He said not worth the risk...

Feel free to pm if more comfortable

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:31 am
I just went last night and it was totally fine. It was like a Friday night - you do all the prep at home including shower. When I got there the mikvah lady said - did you bring your own towel? I said no - so she gave me one. Then I got undressed, checked my body and looked for loose hair, went to dip, and then got dressed again and went home. Fastest turnaround time ever (even faster than Friday night).

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:32 am
I wasn’t worried about catching anything. I live in NY and I think we were all exposed around Purim time.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 6:27 am
rachel0615 wrote:
What are people doing about it? I'm so so scared to go. I know they are using extra chlorine in the mikvah, but what if the virus is in the water and I get exposed to it? Going to a lake here is not an option. I really really dont want to be in nidda for an unknown amount of time. But I'm so scared to get the virus and all that comes along with it. Thoughts? Esp from.medical professionals? I did ask an er dr who we r friends with. He said not worth the risk...

Feel free to pm if more comfortable

I’d wear gloves (for opening doors) and not touch my face until I took them off.
Bring my own towel , put my clothes in my own bag, (not mikva counter/hangers), dip,
Put on new gloves.
get dressed straight out of my bag, go to car, , put bag in a clean garbage bag (prepared in car in advance)
Go home and stick entire contents of bag in washing machine and actual bag in garbage and change the garbage.

Mikva itself kills germs.
It’s the other surfaces you don’t want to touch.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 7:25 am
I live in Israel and just went last night. You have to make an appointment And come 100% ready. I didn't wear gloves but made sure to wash my hands and actually took everything off and take a shower as soon as I got home which I was told I should do.I actually felt that I was probably safe for going there then to the grocery store with tons of people touching everything.

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:17 am
Most mikvaot have extremely strict guidelines right now so follow those to a T and you should be fine.
If they do not have strict, coherent, safe guidelines, don't use that mikvah.

For example one mikvah in my area is having people wait outside until their appointment time, they are not offering ANYthing at all, you have to be fully prepared when you arrive, strip, dip, leave. And they sterilize the room before and after.
Another local mikvah is telling you to bring your own towel and lysol wipes. I use the former not the latter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics