Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Dry mouth

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:31 pm
Does anyone have a dry mouth? My husband suddenly got an extreme dry mouth along with a little dizziness (though I think that may have to do with his lack of appetite and lack of eating). He has it for 5 days already. I couldn't find anywhere that a dry mouth is symptom of corona. My husband thinks it's diabetes, as he's overweight. But to start out of the blue, exactly when coronavirus is going around, idk I can't imagine it is diabetes. He left a message for Dr but idk if he'll be able to get a blood test now, and he definitely needs to take the test to get his mind off his thinking it's diabetes!
So if anyone had dry mouth or heard it's connected to coronavirus, please lmk!!! It'll make him feel better

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does anyone have a dry mouth? My husband suddenly got an extreme dry mouth along with a little dizziness (though I think that may have to do with his lack of appetite and lack of eating). He has it for 5 days already. I couldn't find anywhere that a dry mouth is symptom of corona. My husband thinks it's diabetes, as he's overweight. But to start out of the blue, exactly when coronavirus is going around, idk I can't imagine it is diabetes. He left a message for Dr but idk if he'll be able to get a blood test now, and he definitely needs to take the test to get his mind off his thinking it's diabetes!
So if anyone had dry mouth or heard it's connected to coronavirus, please lmk!!! It'll make him feel better

I have an extremely dry mouth. No sense of taste or smell.. Im waiting for my results

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:28 pm
Dry mouth and nose, light cough, no smell at all.

Not testing, just staying home

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:22 pm
Did he take any allergy meds? These can cause dry mouth.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:34 pm
Omg I had a dry mouth & throat a couple of weeks ago which lasted for a good few days. I thought it was the start of the virus but bh didn't progress. I had a constant need to drink. So weird I wonder if I've had Corona. Wonder if it's connected.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:36 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I have an extremely dry mouth. No sense of taste or smell.. Im waiting for my results

Will you let us know please? I'm very curious if it could mean that I've maybe had it. Dw I'll stay in lockdown either way! Thanks and refuah sheleima b'korov

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Did he take any allergy meds? These can cause dry mouth.

No

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:19 pm
Wow. Thank you guys! I'm so relieved to know others have dry mouth. Dr said over phone that it's not a symptom but I guess he didn't know...

oneofakind

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:05 pm
Dry mouth could be a symptom of anxiety (which makes a lot of sense these days) or the side effect of medications even from a muscle relaxant.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:55 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Dry mouth could be a symptom of anxiety (which makes a lot of sense these days) or the side effect of medications even from a muscle relaxant.

Ty. He's not on any medication, and I don't believe he was overly anxious until he got this dry mouth (severely dry)

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:52 pm
Dry mouth can come from allergy, dehydration,

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:04 pm
I had very dry nose , not mouth , among other symptoms . I tested positive . My symptoms were generally mild BH.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 6:46 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Will you let us know please? I'm very curious if it could mean that I've maybe had it. Dw I'll stay in lockdown either way! Thanks and refuah sheleima b'korov

I tested positive. Amein.. Hope to be out of it soon

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 7:56 am
I have corona and believe to have had every symptom in the book. Now what I'm left with is nausea, dry mouth, and no sense of smell or taste.
Good luck to all going through this! It's a horrible virus and doesn't seem to be letting up too quickly.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 8:30 am
In my experience, the dry sinuses, dry mouth, lack of sense of smell, and inability to taste were the very last symptoms to go.

Mouthwash that is particularly formulated for dry mouth will help a lot. So will a mild, warm saline rinse.

With this virus, it is imperative that you stay SUPER hydrated. Drink so much you can hardly stand it, and you need to pee every hour or so. Hot tea and soup with lots of broth at every meal.

Sports drinks are really good, so you keep your electrolytes balanced. Some flavors of Gatorade are kosher and some are not, so read the labels carefully. The fruit punch one is actually pretty good. I water it down half and half, so it's not so sweet.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 4:12 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I tested positive. Amein.. Hope to be out of it soon

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear! I think I have it too now Sad I have a cough, I'm shivery, achy bones and feel slightly nauseous..no testing. Does it sound like it? I'm SO scared. Hashem help me, I need to make pesach and I have little kids who depend on me. I can't take this! I want my old life back. Refuah sheleima
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics