Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I need ideas please

blessedflower

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:20 pm
What can I do with my 6yo dd that will be really fun for her and I can stay seated at the couch. I know it sounds like I'm asking for some magic here, my problem is the Dr ordered me to rest, so I can't do all the fun things I promised her like painting and big art projects. It will be to messy and I know myself, I won't stay on the couch.
Any fun ideas. My dd keeps on asking me to do fun things with her

Btw for who is interested in a fun thing I did (BEFORE I was ordered to rest):
I sticked cups to the site of the table with some space between the cups. We rolled a small ball over the table, taking turns. We had to try to get the ball to roll into the cups and not off the table. It was really fun

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:26 pm
Crayola paint brush pens are great with hardly any mess.
Scratch art is mess free and the kids love it.
Refuah Shelaima!

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:28 pm
Search Amazon for crafts she can do by herself. There are loads.

blessedflower

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:48 pm
I'm in Israel so no Amazon. Also she has tons of things to do by herself and she enjoys it but she wants something fun. I know anything new will be fun for her if we make it be. Maybe mind games? Something in the style of 'eye spy'

mamma llama

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 6:20 pm
blessedflower wrote:
I'm in Israel so no Amazon. Also she has tons of things to do by herself and she enjoys it but she wants something fun. I know anything new will be fun for her if we make it be. Maybe mind games? Something in the style of 'eye spy'

You can play, I'm going on a picnic and I'm taking along... an Apple. Then, she says, I'm going on a picnic and I'm taking along an Apple... and a Basket... You have to remember everything already said and go in alphabetical order.

mamma llama

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 6:26 pm
You can also play twenty questions.

Or word follow-up: you say bananA so she says Arm so you say Moon so she says Noach... (you use the last letter of the previous word as the first letter of your new word.)

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 6:51 pm
You sound like a really great and creative mom. Kudos to you. You can still do fingerpainting etc whilst seated on the couch if you don't mind the possibility of paint on the couch. Set up a small table or tray next to the couch to work from.
Other ideas could be;
-getting a tray and making a fairly thin layer of salt/sand/rice or similar and you can draw messages/shapes etc in the sand.
-giving her a camera and asking her to find things around the house for each letter of the abc and then you have to work out what they are
-any sort of coloring project together-making a pesach book-you can get creative and stick different materials, draw your own pictures etc
-make some videos together with pesach messages for loved ones
-skype relatives/friends who you can't see
-use a piece of polystyrene covered in fabric-use sequins and pins to make a picture
-decorate a pillowcase for her for seder night whether with fabric paint, pens or sewing
-make her own kiddush cup for the seder using a plastic goblet
-look through old pictures together and talk about each one
-read a longer book with her-chapter by chapter
-make your own marble run down the side of the couch using cardboard tubes-have her roll the ball down the tubes etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics