Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach seder ideas and games to make it fun for kids despite

MommySA

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:24 pm
Hi

I'm in South Africa and they have just put us on lock down for 21 days starting this Thursday.

Looking for ideas to make our seders fun for kids, we usually have a really big seder with my parents and extended family and friends, I want to make this one just as exciting and enjoyable and also extra special for my kids especially as we can give them all the attention. I have. 4 boys aged 17,15,12 and 8.

We usually do the 10 plagues with water turning to 'blood' and marshmellow hail, flying locusts amongst other things.

Thanks!

doctorima

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:15 pm
There are lots of great ideas here: https://awesomepesach.wixsite......seder

cbg

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:19 pm
Last year someone posted a great website with lots of questions
If anyone knows which one please post

doctorima

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:58 pm
Here's a site with tons of great questions for the Seder. Is this the one you're referring to, cbg? I may have posted it last year as well.

http://www.simchatyechiel.org/......html

MommySA

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:23 am
Thanks!!

avrahamama

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:35 am
We play who's the mitzri who's the Jew. We take a hot cup with a smaller plastic cup inside. In on cup there is water and in the other there is tomato juice. Then we put the cap on and put two straws. One straw will be sucking up water and the other tomato juice. So much fun to see the kids reactions.

We put a baby or a baby doll depending on the year in a laundry basket and drag him around the house.

We hang prizes from the chandeliers for the children. (This year I'm not sure how I'll get prizes Amazon is running slow) but I'll find something.

We sing the order of the Seder and cheer at each stop that we are up to.

We throw confetti and decorate our walls with paper fish we colored.

The kids make a yam suf model using their menchies and double sided tape. They put it on a plastic tray so we can move it around the house.

Usually we bring office chairs up to the dining room so everyone is comfy. But since we have no guests this year I may just move the whole thing to a more lounge style experience in the living room.

Seder night is a night of nissim. May we all be zocheh to experience the shechina in all its Glory.

paperflowers

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 5:36 am
doctorima wrote:
Here's a site with tons of great questions for the Seder. Is this the one you're referring to, cbg? I may have posted it last year as well.

http://www.simchatyechiel.org/......html

Thanks for sharing this resource!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 5:48 am
Tossing small rubber frogs around is always a big hit at our house. When people aren't looking, we slip the frogs into someone's glass of wine, or into their soup. If someone gets up to leave the room for a minute, you can hide a frog in their napkin. Serve someone a portion of salad with a frog sitting on the side of the plate.

Get the frogs that are kind of gummy, not the hard plastic ones. Kids really love the "realistic" texture of the squishy frogs.

I'm sad that I won't be able to throw things at DD this year. Enjoy your kids!

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 6:30 am
https://www.chabad.org/multime.....r.htm - Tzvi Freeman's Wild and Wonderful Seder ideas

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:06 am
A lot of great ideas so far! Let me add some Torah Anytime shiurim. I only saw part of one but they look worth checking into - look for Malcolm Herman under speakers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics