Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can we host our 65 yr old corona parents for Pesach?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

keym

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:42 am
A Dr I know told me that he has a general different concern.
He's concerned that someone recently recovered from COVID-19 is considered weaker. Weak immune system, weaker lung capacity, and who knows what else. His concern would be then exposing such a person to regular illness- regular common colds, strep, etc and leaving them unable to fight and putting them at risk for secondary infections.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:56 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
This is why she should ask a doctor. If they're 72 hours symptom free, they should be able to go. I'd rather host if I know they already had Corona and are over it, than if they didn't have Corona.

I have spoken to a doctor. The answer is no. They can get it again from you!

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:58 am
wantavaca wrote:
I’m responding to the poster who claims that kibbud av vaeim involves possibly exposing elderly parents to a deadly virus. I don’t think I was harsh ENOUGH

totally agree with you

I told someone yesterday that the dead people would beg to differ !!!

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:18 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I have spoken to a doctor. The answer is no. They can get it again from you!

OP and her parents should ask their doctor.

Learning

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
OP and her parents should ask their doctor.

Idk. I don’t trust family doctors for that advice.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/03/15/can-you-get-infected-by-coronavirus-twice-how-does-covid-19-immunity-work/amp/

I can’t open the link

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:30 pm
Learning wrote:
Idk. I don’t trust family doctors for that advice.

I trust my family doctor more than anonymous women's opinion.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:38 pm
wantavaca wrote:
Unless they die (god forbid)
for god sake they have it already!!!!

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:41 pm
wantavaca wrote:
I’m responding to the poster who claims that kibbud av vaeim involves possibly exposing elderly parents to a deadly virus. I don’t think I was harsh ENOUGH
right I feel the harsh vibes all acros the ocean. read the Op THEY HAVE IT ALREADY!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:17 pm
They have it now. Both tested positive. If there's a chance of reinfection, does it mean quarantined for life?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:18 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Nope!. We aren't even hosting our non corona parents this year. Everyone needs to stay home!
Can you tell the difference between corona and non corona? They have it now. Your parents can still have it.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They have it now. Both tested positive. If there's a chance of reinfection, does it mean quarantined for life?

It means true social distance until the pandemic dies down so that hospitals will regain the ability to help those affected badly in waves but not all at once.

Staying home for pesach is to flatten the curve and without enough knowledge on whether you can be reinfected or shed the virus for weeks after recovering, it is the logical thing to do because we are in a pandemic.

Maybe in three months the instructions will be different but for now it's the right thing to do regardless of having had corona or not.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
With the way some posters are taking this virus they will be quarantined for life. Do whatever your heart tells you.

Geulanow

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 2:09 pm
You can email the CDC or the NIH about your concerns, if you don't want to ask your Dr.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 2:13 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
With the way some posters are taking this virus they will be quarantined for life. Do whatever your heart tells you.

We are smack in middle of a pandemic. Now is the time for prudence.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you tell the difference between corona and non corona? They have it now. Your parents can still have it.

Your parents may be able to get re-infected.

There may be more than one strain going around.

Your parents' immune systems are not going to be working as usual for a bit, so they are more vulnerable to other infections, which may lead to complications.

In a word, no, do not host them.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:54 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

I just saw a message going around for tehillim for someone that needs a respirator but the hospital doesn't have any available. This person can potentially survive but the hospital is too overburdened.
That is what we are trying to accomplish by everyone staying home. There should be enough medical care for those that couldn't prevent getting sick.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:55 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Your parents may be able to get re-infected.

There may be more than one strain going around.

Your parents' immune systems are not going to be working as usual for a bit, so they are more vulnerable to other infections, which may lead to complications.

In a word, no, do not host them.

not"may". definitely are several strains/mutations of corona

8 strains of corona

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:20 am
I am hosting my single mother. This is not a time for her to be alone. she has been alone three weeks already and it's awful.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:00 am
there MAY be exceptions to the rule
there is still so much we do not know about this virus
every day more info comes out
PLEASE stay home if at all remotely possible PLEASE err on the side of caution
This quarantine and restrictions will not last forever
there will be treatments
there will be vaccine
there will be more good news to come IY"H very soon
FOR NOW lets do everything possible to keep the scenario as limited as possible already enough people have died R"L.
Let's listen to our poseks, dayans, rabbis, doctors, medical experts, who are unanimously saying everyone MUST stay home.

and on a lighter note with love to you Op can you please consider editing your thread title? "corona parents" yikes
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics