Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you get corona after going to mikva?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:32 am
do you connect the two?

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:46 am
Please also specify if this was before or after corona protocols were put into place, and whether or not the mikvah was following them. Thanks!

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:20 am
I went to the mikva exactly 1 week ago.

B"H I feel well. Even if I were to get sick, I wouldn't necessarily connect it to the mikva. I also went to the supermarket on Friday and my DH went to a different supermarket to buy eggs.

I would probably also not get tested, as I think the policy in Israel is only to test someone who has come into known contact with someone who has been verified to have Corona.

So I would never know.

ETA Mikva was following protocols, and I was the second one to dip that evening. In Israel.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:28 am
I went to the mikva 12 days ago and I have started strong symptoms of Corona although not been tested. Who knows if it's from that or just going to the food shops.

Zeleze

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 5:40 am
Here in EY they said to have a hot shower with Shampoo after your Tvile, nad that should with Hashams help take of any leftovers from the water

Is this a fact and true ?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 6:01 am
I happened to have caught corona from my husband the week after I went to mikvah, but he had it 3 days before the entire rest of the family, making it pretty clear he brought it home and passed it on.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 6:20 am
Zeleze wrote:
Here in EY they said to have a hot shower with Shampoo after your Tvile, nad that should with Hashams help take of any leftovers from the water

Is this a fact and true ?

You can't get the virus from the chlorinated mikvah water, because it can't survive in chlorine, but you CAN potentially get it from touching surfaces and then touching your face. So a shower promptly afterwards would probably help that.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:53 am
As a doctor on the ministry of health here in isearl said, the water is fine, its chlorinated. Going to the mikvah, the building, is just like going to the super market or any other place out of your home.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 11:07 am
I went on a Wednesday and got sick on a Sunday.
But on Thursday I worked one on one with someone who was sick. And Thursday evening I went to my nephew's vort and while I tried to elbow bump people, someone took my hand in hers. I left right after and went home to wash my hands.
More likely it was my contact with the sick person at work on Thursday. I got sick 3 days after that which is consistent with news reports.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 11:11 am
I went a week and a half ago thurs. All protocol was in place. Didnt catch it bh

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 11:32 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I went on a Wednesday and got sick on a Sunday.
But on Thursday I worked one on one with someone who was sick. And Thursday evening I went to my nephew's vort and while I tried to elbow bump people, someone took my hand in hers. I left right after and went home to wash my hands.
More likely it was my contact with the sick person at work on Thursday. I got sick 3 days after that which is consistent with news reports.

So you work. I assume in an essential workplace, so there is no choice. You know you have a chance of getting sick there.

But then you went to a vort???????. I am sorry, that is RECKLESS. You do realise you may have infected everyone there? Who goes to a VORT these days???????

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 11:34 am
I went 7 days ago. Lakewood. All protocols in place. So far so good
I haven’t left the house and neither have kids in 2 weeks.
DH does leave the house for work and errands.

It’s really impassible to know.
I have a family member that has not left the house for exactly 14 days and became sick today. . One household member went shopping 7 days ago. Could’ve been from delivery or other person. Who knows?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 11:46 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
So you work. I assume in an essential workplace, so there is no choice. You know you have a chance of getting sick there.

But then you went to a vort???????. I am sorry, that is RECKLESS. You do realise you may have infected everyone there? Who goes to a VORT these days???????

This was 3 weeks ago before the shut down. I am BH recovered.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 11:52 am
I went to the mikvah a week ago and got sick the next morning.

Mikvah was following all protocols

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 12:07 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I went to the mikvah a week ago and got sick the next morning.

Mikvah was following all protocols

If you got sick the next morning you were incubating beforehand.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:36 pm
No. I went 13 days ago in Boro Park and I am still feeling okay, BH. (May I continue to be well.)
I was very scared to go (I have an underlying condition) but I did my research beforehand. The Mikva ladies wore masks. I did all my prep at home.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:49 pm
I am terrified. I missed going last month. It was very stressful. I need to go this week and don’t know what to do. I use Mikva at AVe R on east 28. If you been there recently please tell me if they follow all protocols. How about ave L Mikva someone mentioned. Please settle my worries. Thankyou

Supermom#1

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 12:13 am
why don't you call and find out what their protocol/rules are?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 2:11 am
Have been twice since lockdown. Never had such a pleasant experience. Everything was super clean and super fast. I wish these improvements stay in place long after corona. I’d be very surprised if anyone got sick directly related to Mikva. I think the panic and fear regarding Mikva was way overdone. I hope everyone calmed down by now and continue going at the right time.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 11:42 pm
Went twice during lockdown, BH no symptoms or anything
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics