Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
The pesach thread to end all pesach threads

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 12:36 pm
If you stay home good for you, you are doing what is right in the eyes of all rabbinical and all medical advice and are sacrificing your plans for the good of the klal

If you choose to make 680 excuses as to why your circumstances are different and and and but but but...

You are probably going to be responsible for somebody dying. Whether or not you will know it or see it.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 12:37 pm
Honestly, that's enough. Seriously.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Honestly, that's enough. Seriously.

That's the point it's not a really a debate

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 12:53 pm
Say it louder for the people in the back

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 12:56 pm
I’ll repeat it to the back people Director Attention attention
PLEASE STAY HOME

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 12:58 pm
P.s. I just spoke to someone that works in one of the big NYC hospitals and twice in the span of our short convo she made me promise we’re staying home and NOT going anywhere for Y’T.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:16 pm
The people in the back are not on imamother.

In any case, if someone speaks to their doctor and Rav, and based on their individual circumstances they are told they can go to family (based on their circumstances) honestly that's what they are going to do.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:20 pm

In any case, if someone speaks to their doctor and Rav, and based on their individual circumstances they are told they can go to family (based on their circumstances) honestly that's what they are going to do.

There are many people on this site planning to not listen and who are making excuses for themselves. So fine they are going to give din vcheshbon iyH for murder.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:20 pm
We were going to have a large family seder. Now every sibling and children and our parents/grandparents to our children are all doing our seders alone. My parents have self isolated by choice a few weeks ago.
Are we happy about that? Of course not. Is the seder going to be a bit sad? of course. But in order so that we can do the seder next year, with all of our family, we are not doing it together this year.

OP, so so so important. Thank you. (unfortunately, I dont think everyone will hear or listen. But you do what you can and hope others wont be not just stupid but not selfish either)

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:21 pm

No doctor will tell anyone to go anywhere but their own dining room. And if any rabbi tells people that its fine, then he will have murder on his hands too.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There are many people on this site planning to not listen and who are making excuses for themselves. So fine they are going to give din vcheshbon iyH for murder.

If their doctor says it's ok? interesting perspective.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:24 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
No doctor will tell anyone to go anywhere but their own dining room. And if any rabbi tells people that its fine, then he will have murder on his hands too.

You know this how? There might be a few scenarios you haven't thought of yet, honestly.

Disclaimer - this is not about me as I have nowhere to go in any case and I have always stayed home.

amother
OP

No doctor will say it's ok.

amother
Navy

Then the survivors have a malpractice claim. Better record the dr saying it in case the judge doesn't allow heresy from the decedent.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:26 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
I’ll repeat it to the back people Director Attention attention
PLEASE STAY HOME

Me too.

STAY HOME!

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:27 pm
You know this how? There might be a few scenarios you haven't thought of yet, honestly.

Disclaimer - this is not about me as I have nowhere to go in any case and I have always stayed home.
I am in Israel. We are entering our 3rd week of being at home. The Ministry of Health has made a statement to not do the seder with anyone other than those that live IN YOUR HOUSE!!!! Full stop. Im sorry other countries are not there yet or hopefully they actually are and you are jsut thinking that maybe someone who is not staying home will actually ask a doctor.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:46 pm
So My Dd,who has not walked out of the house for over 2 weeks got an ok to go to her married sibling who has not gone to work and whose wife and children have not stepped foot out of the house for over 2 weeks. She will be moving in for 3 weeks.( after that we will see if she stays there or not based on what life brings) They have a garage full of whatever they need. A yard for the kids. If her sibling ( 1 designated person) will have to go out for anything they will wear mask and gloves, plan to change clothing in the garage and wipe down shoes and anything else.
People should stay home, quarantine do everything possible for safety, but there are limited circumstances that allow for going out.
Again: staying home is the choice for sure, but there are a small number who will be able to go to family. With guidance from a rav and doctor of course.

Everyone stay safe and may we merit to see an end to this situation asap.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No doctor will say it's ok.

My sister had a baby last week. The doctor told her and my parents that if both of them quarantine seriously for two weeks then she can go to them for Pesach with no worries. The doctor explained the parameters for quarantining properly and they're following exactly what he said. So yes, some doctors said yes.

lovingmommy3417

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:15 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]No doctor will say it's ok.[/gquote]
Our dr and rav said it ok...
We don't live in ny or nj and have self quarantined for the past 2 weeks.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:34 pm

Staying home too - no guests. Originally had been thinking my older parents would be by us, but once it got bad that became seriously unlikely. So once husband now has it (presumed to have it - untested) we are staying put and it's just going to be us.

I could see one scenario where someone would have to go away - if they had medical issues and would need to be near a hospital or have family help with little ones (because of the aforementioned medical issues, not just in general). Other than that? I'm not sure what else would be worth the risk (I'm sure others could think of other situations, but I can't)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics