Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Tell me what I need from A-Z cheap and quick

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:03 pm
Will be staying home iyh for first time. Its DH, myself and 2 kids ages 5&8.
I have nothing pesachdig and I need everything.
Tell me the basics and where I can get them, does anyone have a pdf or list put together for first timers?
I need pots/pans etc and I would like my Seder table to look somewhat elegant. Not looking to spend. Can be nice and cheap. Online ordering is a huge plus as I’m in isolation. P.S. Amazon prime is no longer avail at this time.
TIA

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:23 pm
Walmart and Target are still shipping quick, as is Macy's.
I'm in the same boat as you (I'm the OP of the thread asking for menu help), but I didn't find any of the PDFs that people were suggesting useful. It's very personal to what you generally use.

What I did was walk thru my kitchen, area by area, with a pen and notebook. Write down every single thing you need. When you get to your fridge and spice cabinet, make a list of everything you use.

Think which pots you reach for often, peeler, grater, cutting board, oven mitts, wash cup, mixing bowl, Tupperware type containers, and so on.

You can later pare down the list for efficiency and budgeting.

This method worked very well for me.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:39 pm
If I had nothing and had to shop under these conditions I would keep it very basic. Use disposable pans as much as possible. Disposable tableware if you're ok with that. I'd get cutting board, a couple knives, peeler, grater, frying pan and stock pot with spatula, ladle, wooden spoon.... stick blender would be great. Mixing bowls. Hand mixer if you bake. Try Target or maybe Walmart?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:11 pm
Wish you good luck and siat hadishmaya under these circumstances. when I read the words "I have nothing pesachdig and I need everything" my 1st thought was: You poor thing.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:20 pm
See the list here to get you started. Pick out what you need.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....86085

Simple1

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:27 pm
Ra mom - today when making my grocery order, I looked over what you posted on this (now outdated) thread. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....81554
It was such a help. Thank you!

Last edited by Simple1 on Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:33 pm
I am so happy it helped!!

challahchallah

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:23 pm
I’m in the same boat. I ended up doing it by making a detailed menu (including snacks and desserts), then walking through in my head what it would take to make everything. This generated my food shopping list at the same time as my supplies list. I ordered primarily from Walmart since amazon is too slow now. I also ordered one or two things direct from the manufacturers site.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics