Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tell me about rashes please

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 5:18 pm
Dc has a rash for a few days already. Mostly on cheeks and thighs.
With everything going on don’t want to go to Dr.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 5:19 pm
A rash can mean so many different things. Call your doctor and describe the rash over the phone. Ask them if you can email pictures.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 5:20 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
A rash can mean so many different things. Call your doctor and describe the rash over the phone. Ask them if you can email pictures.

She’s not in today. Gonna speak to her tomorrow.

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 5:27 pm
A rash on the cheeks could be a virus called fifth disease. It usually doesn't present with any other symptoms other than the rash on the cheeks and then spreads to the rest of the body. Its contagious, however not dangerous. My child just had this and the Dr. said this virus is going around now. Ask your Dr. Since it could also be strep.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 5:53 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
A rash on the cheeks could be a virus called fifth disease. It usually doesn't present with any other symptoms other than the rash on the cheeks and then spreads to the rest of the body. Its contagious, however not dangerous. My child just had this and the Dr. said this virus is going around now. Ask your Dr. Since it could also be strep.

Thanks. But doesn’t it come with fever? Also can you get it more than once because I think dc already had fifth disease

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. But doesn’t it come with fever? Also can you get it more than once because I think dc already had fifth disease

I’m not sure about getting it more than once, however my doctor told me it doesn’t come with fever.

healthymom1

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 6:08 pm
Take a picture and send to doctor!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics