Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Our Imamother Gratitude Journal
1  2  Next

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:56 am
We have all been struggling now , whether it is emotionally, physically, financially, and so on. Many of us have become anxious as well as sad.
I have listened to words of chizuk yesterday , and the common denominator between many of the speeches I heard is that we should work on being “happier”. They didn’t say be “happy” but rather we should try to attempt to be happIER. The tip a few of the lecturers gave was to express gratitude towards Hashem. Expressing gratitude , changes the way we see things and makes us feel genuinely happier.
I’m asking everyone to join me in this project of expressing two things you are grateful for today. Even if what you are grateful for seems trivial, post it. This is a non judgmental thread and we are all joining in an effort to Thank Hashem .

1. I am grateful that when my baby woke me up from my sleep at 2 am I was able to breathe comfortably and walk to her bedroom without passing out. Thank you Hashem!

2. I am grateful that the birds are chirping today. The sounds of Spring bring me feelings of hope and renewal. Thank You Hashem!

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:08 am
I am grateful for my baby’s delicious smile and giggle.

I am grateful we all have mild cases and are recovering.

I am grateful we’re both able to work from home and earn money.

aimhabanim

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:28 am
I am grateful for this post!!! What a wonderful idea it is!!!!

I'm grateful that I woke up this morning!!!!

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:36 am
I am grateful that I'm starting to gain back my body after this virus!!! I can take care of my children BH!!!

I'm grateful my husband and I haven't been laid off as of now!

I'm grateful for the internet, so we can be in touch with family all over the world!!!

The list can go on until this website is full to capacity. I'm just GRATEFUL TO HASHEM!!!!!!

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:41 am
What a beautiful idea! Thank you Thunderstorm
1. I'm grateful to still have a job and one that helps people year round
2. I'm grateful for my health and the health of my family
3. I'm grateful for my cleaning lady

happyone

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:43 am
I'm alive . And overcome with gratefulness.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:45 am
#TYH!!!!

BH my kids are home with me, and I get to spend time with them, and we have time to do things together as a family that we don’t usually have time for!!

Also, #TYH my youngest, who woke up at 6:30, went back to sleep about an hour ago!!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:10 pm
Bump

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:23 pm
I am grateful my kids have adjusted to being home all day. Even with the routine we created to help them with "What can I do now?" they were having a hard time. Cooperating with each other over the use of the phone has also improved and I'm grateful for that.

I am grateful my kids are happy to do Pesach cleaning, and they are doing lots of extras I thought we would skip this year.

I am grateful my DH is still employed BH because we need his paychecks to keep coming in. I don't know if I'll keep getting paid without being at work.

I am grateful to live in our own, well mostly the bank's lol, house with a nice backyard and swingset and trampoline, so that in the days of nice weather, unlike today's dreariness, the kids can play outside. They don't have to stay cramped into our small apartment we moved out of a few years ago.

I am grateful it's not too cold outside, no snow or other extreme weather which makes everything so much harder.

I am truly grateful for imamother which serves as a break from my DH, my kids, my Pesach cleaning without an investment. Come for 5 minutes, leave, come back a few minutes later. Unlike calling a sister or friend (with my unavailable phone which my kids hijacked to learn...), imamother doesn't require me to be rude or abrupt when I need to get back to my duties.

I am grateful we are all (so far) healthy and well, May Hashem protect us all.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:38 pm
I am grateful for my comfortable house. If we’re stuck in here, at least it’s a pleasant place to be.

I’m grateful for the extra time I have to spend with my husband and children. I thank Hashem that we all get along with each other (occasional squabbles notwithstanding).

I’m grateful that DH and I are still earning our salaries for now.

I’m grateful that I will have people to spend YT with, even if it’s not with extended family as had been expected.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:43 pm
#TYH HaShem really loves me!! My cleaning lady didn’t come the whole week last week. She texted me last night and asked if she should come. I told her only if she is 100% comfortable. She came today, but then about halfway through her time here, she told me she’s not going to come back until after pesach because she’s too scared. She came today because she was scared she would lose her job!! BH with her help, I was able to get my fridges and freezers cleaned out!!

abs

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:44 pm
I am grateful to Thunderstorm for starting this thread and helping us all see the bright side of things!

saralem

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:14 pm
I’m thankful that I can work from home and effectively do my job. Incredibly thankful. And that we have enough food to eat. A secure roof over our heads. Oh, thank you Hashem, for all of your blessings.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:35 pm
I’m grateful for a lot of things, but right now something that is on the forefront of my mind, is the appreciation of being able to breathe easily. I haven’t been feeling well and have been very overwhelmed because of that, but I keep thinking that Bh I have been breathing well. I’m so grateful for that.

behappy2

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:42 pm
I'm grateful that we are all ok.

I'm grateful that I am coping.

I'm grateful that I have a roof over my head, food, heating.

I'm grateful I have healthy ppl in my life that can guide me in a crisis.

I'm grateful for all the growth I have had access to before this crisis hit.

I'm grateful for family.

I'm grateful for friends.

I'm grateful for peace.

I'm grateful for opportunities this crisis has given me.

I'm grateful for this thread Smile

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:49 pm
I'm grateful that I can work from home so I'm still getting paid.
I'm grateful that I don't have to share my computer with anyone else while I work from home.
I'm grateful that my dc was able to buy a lot of pesach products for me that my local supermarket either didn't have at all or ran out of. Like matzah and grape juice.
I'm grateful that I have a dh so I will not be making a seder just by myself.
I'm grateful that so far B"H my family and friends are healthy.
I'm grateful that the skyrocketing prices of everything are just a (hopefully temporary) annoyance and not forcing me to make agonizing choices like food vs. medicine.
I'm grateful that despite skyrocketing prices and shortages, there is still food to be had.
I'm grateful that we're not under total lockdown like Italy (so far).
I'm grateful that I'm a homebody couch potato so staying at home for days at a stretch and not going out doesn't bother me at all (yet).
I'm grateful that my kids are out of the house and I'm not trying to clean for Pesach and do my usual day job while trying to keep children productive, occupied, happy and civilized while confined to quarters for weeks.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 6:20 pm
im gratefull that my husband and daughter got tested today for carona
I will be grateful when we can pick up gorcerys
um gratefull that both my children are home

taby

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:25 pm
Wow what a beautiful thread during these times!! This is real emunah!
1) I am grateful for my spacious apartment for my kids to have where to play!
2) we are managing to pay for all the Pesach expenses
3) Bh alive, we can breathe and are ok!!!
4) I am emotionally in a good place Bh
5) grateful for my beautiful children!!

I have loads to be grateful for Thank you Hashem
Please bring Moshiach

paintbrush

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:36 pm
I am grateful that I have more time to spend with my son.
I am grateful that me and my family are healthy.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:47 pm
I’m grateful that we’re all healthy and together

I’m grateful for my lovely parents and siblings who I now realize how hard it is being apart from them.

I’m grateful for imamother!

I’m grateful that my son learned on his teleconference today!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational