Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Not interested in doing FaceTime therapy sessions
Previous  1  2

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 12:35 am
I'm a therapist and in my clinic we are being pushed to reach out to people to make sure they are OK etc. I have had a lot of clients tell me they don't have privacy.. Or maybe they aren't comfortable etc. I totally understand. I would rather they be upfront about me though

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 12:51 am
My therapist also offered a phone session... but I figured what will talk from the same topic corona over and over again... in different angels being nervous and anxious I can imagine what her answer will be.... just to letting out my feelings were the whole world is in the same situation paying her this money isnt worth it.....

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:30 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
My therapist also offered a phone session... but I figured what will talk from the same topic corona over and over again... in different angels being nervous and anxious I can imagine what her answer will be.... just to letting out my feelings were the whole world is in the same situation paying her this money isnt worth it.....

Not sure what you usually do with your therapist but I only sometimes need a venting session like that. Usually we're more strategic. If you need to let out your feelings then by all means go for it, but if you're nervous and anxious and don't feel that talking about corona will help, then talk about what you can do that WOULD help.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 10:18 am
At first I thought that having a video session with my therapist would be awkward and unhelpful but after trying it I realized that even if it’s not the same as in person it’s better than nothing. I totally understand though if you don’t want to pay right now for therapy. I just feel like if I put my sessions on hold for too long it will be so much harder to go back.

gamanit

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 12:00 am
My daughter has been getting speech therapy via Zoom but OT hasn't reached out to me yet. I'm not sure how OT can work over Zoom though being as fine motor is one of my daughter's strong points. It is hard to get my daughter to sit still for the session but she does actually gain from her sessions. I find that headphones really help her focus on it much more. It is completely your choice and you have to weigh the pros and cons for your child individually. I just wanted to say that even remote therapy can be helpful. My daughter is already under CPSE/CSE (pendency case) though so it is a bit different. I do have relatives though that are doing Zoom for younger kids too and it is helpful. Every family has different needs though so just do what works for you.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 12:16 am
Typically remote OT would be therapist giving directions for exercises for child to do with parent assisting, or giving directions to parent how to lead child in exercises. Glad speech is working out for you! It's a tough learning curve for a lot of people right now. I'm on day 2 and feeling very very far from my comfort zone. It's so great to see my kids again but I am so used to being there with them in person and even though I research and plan and everything, I still feel so shaky about this.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 12:32 pm
Just tell her the virtual sessions don’t work for you. You’re the client and are paying for the service, therefore, it’s totally your decision.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics