Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How are the women who shop til they drop keeping it together
Previous  1  2

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:36 pm
Zara and H&M both have adorable stuff.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 12:12 am
I am not shopping for myself now. I have enough spring clothes, and what I don't have, I will do without.

I am spending my money on things for others right now. Times are rough, and if I can brighten someone's day, why not?

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 12:45 am
If I had the money, I’d still be shopping til I drop online! Actually, I’d prob give a lot to tzedaka. It’s needed more than ever.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:09 am
My business is on hold , so is my husband’s. All the money goes to groceries/utilities/health insurance. No clothing shopping. I’m holding my credit cards in case I need money to buy groceries.
I hope all our businesses ll come back after this crisis. But till then, we will be wearing whatever we have. No shame!

Mayflower

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:58 am
Personally I'm not a big shopper, but I did order new yom tov clothes and summer clothes for the kids (still waiting for a few dresses to arrive from Next Direct - I ordered just before they closed... really hoping it'll still arrive!).

I enjoy seeing them dressed cute, and they enjoy wearing new outfits. Why should they wear old stuff just because no-one is seeing them? Now they will know I like to dress them nicely for them, not for anyone else.

(Obviously if we would be without income, I wouldn't be shopping now. But b'H so far DH and myself are both able to work from home.)

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 3:48 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

Personally, I wonder how judgmental people are keeping it together. Theyre stuck home all day with barely anyone to judge.

Oh burn

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 4:12 am
OP what is the purpose of this thread? Are you genuinely trying to figure out the sociological tendencies of shoppers or maybe trying to understand your fellow Jew better and stir up some Ahavas Yisroel in this time of incredible unprecedented Tzar?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:08 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
OP what is the purpose of this thread? Are you genuinely trying to figure out the sociological tendencies of shoppers or maybe trying to understand your fellow Jew better and stir up some Ahavas Yisroel in this time of incredible unprecedented Tzar?

There are personality types that find this really hard. Some are shoppers. Some are just extreme extroverts who go out with friends every day of the week. I know someone like that, and she's pulling her hair out in frustration because she genuinely doesn't know how to stay sane without company. It's a fair question. Any advice for women who are suffering would surely be welcome.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:26 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Actually, I’d prob give a lot to tzedaka. It’s needed more than ever.

She gives a lot to tzedaka. Whenever anyone here posts of any kind of financial need, she's the first one to offer to pay grocery bills, small medical bills, gas money, or any other way she can help.

If she's in that position, it's hard to begrudge her kids some nice things. They should wear them in good health.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:27 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
She gives a lot to tzedaka. Whenever anyone here posts of any kind of financial need, she's the first one to offer to pay grocery bills, small medical bills, gas money, or any other way she can help.

If she's in that position, it's hard to begrudge her kids some nice things. They should wear them in good health.

Who’s she?

dena613

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:45 am
Mommy3b2c. She is one of the most generous imas, If not the most. Stick around a few years, and you'll notice it.
Tizki lemitzvos, mommy3b2c!

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:14 am
dena613 wrote:
Mommy3b2c. She is one of the most generous imas, If not the most. Stick around a few years, and you'll notice it.
Tizki lemitzvos, mommy3b2c!

What does that have to do with what I wrote.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics