Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Rice dream Pesach

Einikel

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:44 pm
I know it’s kitniyos does anyone know if I can give it to my baby or does it have chometzdig ingredients?

powerofplay

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:52 pm
Some rice milks specify gluten free which would probably mean no chometz.

tf

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:42 am
Rice dream has a tiny amount of barley, which is chomets. It doesn't have to be listed in the ingredients because it is an insignificant amount. It says on the side of the box in tiny words

eli7

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:27 am
There are lots of rice milks certified for Pesach these days if you have a way to shop or order. That way you don't have to worry about any of the ingredients.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:04 am
How old is your baby? Do you know if there is a nut allergy?

Fortified almond milk has a lot more protein than rice milk.

shmosmom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:25 am
I had called the OU about it a year or two ago and they told me if it's all my kid (not yet 2 year old at that time) drinks then it's O.K. to use the original one. My family Rav told us to wash her bottles in either the bathroom or a separate sink we wouldn't then use for pesach dishes. My kid is older now, I didn't ask again but now wondering if I should.

teachkids

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:30 am
Ou booklet says shelf table almond breeze original, rice dream classic original and soy dream original enriched are all kitniyos and ok for those who are ill or infants.

zaq

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:23 am
powerofplay wrote:
Some rice milks specify gluten free which would probably mean no chometz.

According to the (U), gluten free does not mean chametz-free. Oats, which are fundamentally gluten-free, are among chameshet haminim and subject to becoming chamtetz. The reason why celiacs need oats that are certified gluten-free is that oats are often grown near or processed on the same equipment as grains containing gluten. The traces of gluten that may find their way into ordinary oats are enough to be a problem for celiacs, but they do not originate from the oats themselves.

pause

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:04 am
I asked years ago and was told I could give it to my allergic kid but wash the keilim in a different sink. Now the kid is older so we just do without.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics