Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone else tired of all the "mundane" kvetching?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 4:48 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
It's not a contest. Someone who lives in a nice big house may have other problems, but they will still never understand what it's like to live so constrained. Someone who lives in a small house might have other problems too. One has nothing to do with the other.

Actually, I did live in a small apartment - 2.5 bedrooms, 7 kids, 1 bathroom - with all of the kids home all day every day, for years. So yes, I do understand what it's like to be constrained also.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 4:52 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I'm a (un)happy hypocrite.

Appalled at the kvetching if it comes my way immediately after another BDE message

Kvetching like the best of them that Pesach is next weeeek when I get fed up with cleaning

We are human and imperfect. Our emotions fluctuate. As hard as we work to regulate ourselves, it feels jarring when someone else's emotions don't happen to synchronize with ours.

That's how I see it, anyway. I'll try my best to listen and support my friends when they kvetch. And I'll try to kvetch less.

best post on this thread . sums it up

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:10 pm
I wasn’t but I just read a post of a woman who has regular orgsms but the sx is vanilla.

People are dying, sick, unemployed, drowning in Pesach. I can’t relate to Or sympathize with complaints of vanilla right now when sx is the absolute last thing on my mind.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:19 pm
Hashem allows us to "kvetch " from the the most mundane kvetches up to the life threatening ones.

We shouldn't be any different.

Everyone is entitled to vent, from the newlywed who will have to make her first Pesach on her own to the newlywed who lost her father and now won't have a rosh haseder.

Who are we to decide whose kvetches are big enough?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:30 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Actually, I did live in a small apartment - 2.5 bedrooms, 7 kids, 1 bathroom - with all of the kids home all day every day, for years. So yes, I do understand what it's like to be constrained also.

The you should understand how hard it is. Imagine if you still lived in that situation with your current problems and not being allowed to go or send your kids anywhere.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics