Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What do you do when you see a roach or waterbug?
Previous  1  2

What do you do when you see a roach or waterbug?
Spray it with Raid  
 6%  [ 6 ]
Seal all the cracks with Boric Acid  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Step on it  
 22%  [ 20 ]
All of the above  
 2%  [ 2 ]
Light the house on fire  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Scream  
 38%  [ 34 ]
All of the above  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Some of the above  
 11%  [ 10 ]
Something else (explain in comments)  
 3%  [ 3 ]
Call for help immediately  
 13%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 89

lilies

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:58 pm
DrMom wrote:
Waterbug: Kill it.
Roach: Call my DH to kill it (Israeli roaches are HUGE and they fly)

Luckily, this doesn't happen often.

Flying roaches?! That's a nightmare!

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:36 pm
Roach - step on it, then put out combat "hotels." I have found them very effective and non-invasive. You slide them under furniture, under the fridge, place kids don't reach. There was a time when I had a roach PROBLEM and this SOLVED it. Since then I have only had isolated roaches, no infestation, but maybe that's because I put out the stuff before they have a chance to settle in.

Waterbug - if it's roach sized I step on it. If it's larger I scream at it to go away and never bother me again. If it's that big I expect it to be able to understand and obey. It should comprehend that I am bigger than it is even though I have a thing against killing things that go crunch. This is visceral, not philosophical. My kids laugh at my yelling but as soon as they get a little more mature they are going to be put on extermination duty so I will not have to make anything go crunch anymore.

However, I live in an apartment. Waterbugs are generally occasional visitors. I have never had a waterbug infestation. They wander up from the basement or something, I'm not even sure how they get here. Roaches on the other hand set up homes in apartments. I guess if I had more than one waterbug then I would have to get bigger combats or something.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:38 pm
greenfire wrote:
sorry I just cannot imagine a strong woman as yourself hiding under the covers lol
[standing on a chair ~ maybe] Hi

That’s sweet of you to say!! I actually curl up in a ball under the covers way to often...

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:47 pm
mamma llama wrote:
I checked your polls, and the majority holds that screaming is the most rational only way to handle roaches/waterbugs (all bugs, actually...)

And ahem. Who are you ⬇️to check in on this poll?

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....8.gif

ETA we need mamma llamas profile pic here.

Copied now
ETA: not working out so well...
You don’t wanna see your statistics, huh?

Last edited by Sunny Days on Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:50 pm
Haha @strong woman comment. I am pretty macho about many things but not bugs that go crunch. XH saw me do many gutsy, dirty, hands-on, un-feminine things while we were dating and engaged. I deal with mice. I deal with blood (not so much anymore. I think motherhood made me go soft). Anyway the VERY FIRST night we slept in our own apartment I saw this horrendous creature (like a centipede but weirder. Very weird. I never did figure out what it was) and SCREAMED. I think he thought I had been kidnapped and replaced by aliens.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics