Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please Stay Home for Pesach & Quarantine Instructions
1  2  Next

Yael

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:58 pm
Everyone must stay at home for Pesach according to the Health Authorities and the psak of numerous Rabbanim who have all agreed that staying home and making Pesach alone without guests, is an absolute requirement this year.

If you have unique circumstances that you think may enable you to get a heter from this, please speak to a rav who is knowledgeable about this pandemic and the impact your actions will have on others, to see if you are allowed to get a heter.

Please do not post here asking if you can go to your parents or relatives, or have your parents come to you. It is absolutely prohibited unless you speak to a rav and a doctor and get a heter.

Please make sure to speak only to a rav that understands the severity of this pandemic and the importance of keeping social distancing measures. The purpose of speaking to a rav is to determine if your unique circumstances are sufficient to allow you to come in contact with others. If you and your relatives live in Nevada and coronavirus has not arrived in your home town, then you will likely get a different answer than if you live in NY.

Please remember that social distancing is what will save lives. The fewer people catch the coronavirus, the fewer people will die. It's that simple. Please stay home.

If you need to go out to do the grocery shopping, sanitize your hands upon entering every new store and wash your hands with soap when you arrive home.

If you think you already got the coronavirus and are feeling better, please stay in quarantine until 14 days* have passed since the onset of your symptoms AND you are also feeling completely better for at least 3 days. Do not leave your house at all during this time.

Because we don't know how long a person remains contagious after contracting COVID-19, please be responsible and caring towards others, and wear a mask and gloves every time you need to go out, after the 14 day period has passed. Just in case you are still contagious, you don't need to feel guilty that you left your germs in a store for someone else to catch. Unless you have 2 negative tests, it is hard to know for sure when you are no longer contagious.**

If you don't have a mask, there are tutorials online on how to make one at home out of 2 rubber bands and a scarf. I have been told that a homemade mask is surprisingly capable of protecting you from infecting others.

*The information about quarantine that I have written is according to Canada's official instructions. If your local authority has different instructions please feel free to follow their instructions but remember that the virus acts the same regardless of which country the person lives in, and some countries are more cautious in their recommendations than others. I advise you to err on the side of caution since there are literally lives at stake.

**If new information comes out with a definite timeline of how long a person remains contagious I will update this.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:03 pm
Thank you Yael!
Is there something we can do to stop all the angry argument threads that keep sprouting up?

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:04 pm
Thank you!!!
😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:06 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Thank you Yael!
Is there something we can do to stop all the angry argument threads that keep sprouting up?

Pesach nosh Ice cream

twizzlers1

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:06 pm
Thank you!!

keym

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:07 pm
Thank you so much.

turca

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:08 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Thank you Yael!

Quarantine.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:18 pm
I don't think that any state wants NYers but Cuomo will sue them for saying that so most states say 'no' to everyone. They don't want us no matter what.
My DH read somewhere recently that a person who had the virus can still shed it for up to 8 days after recovery.
This is the biggest mess in my lifetime and the wet market in Wuhan is still selling bats and lizards for dinner Puke so I wonder what other germs are chas v'sholem approaching.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:25 pm
Yael , a huge yasher koach for posting this - I have kids who would have come out of quarantine too early without this information! Surprised

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:46 pm
perfect ~ l'chaim Cheers

youngishbear

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:18 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I don't think that any state wants NYers but Cuomo will sue them for saying that so most states say 'no' to everyone. They don't want us no matter what.
My DH read somewhere recently that a person who had the virus can still shed it for up to 8 days after recovery.
This is the biggest mess in my lifetime and the wet market in Wuhan is still selling bats and lizards for dinner Puke so I wonder what other germs are chas v'sholem approaching.

And I saw 14 days after symptoms end, attributed to the WHO.

In addition to the fact that because the virus can survive for a while on surfaces, people can transfer the virus from surface to surface even if they themselves are already immune.

enneamom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:22 pm
You know I just realized something funny: this forum is called Coronavirus & Other Health Concerns

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:49 pm
enneamom wrote:
You know I just realized something funny: this forum is called Coronavirus & Other Health Concerns

Do you mean that there are other health concerns? There used to be other health concerns but good luck finding a doctor for those!

enneamom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:50 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Do you mean that there are other health concerns? There used to be other health concerns but good luck finding a doctor for those!

I'm not aware of any other existing health concerns

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:53 pm
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:49 pm
southernbubby wrote:

Other health concerns is in regards to the side effects, like insanity, solitary confinement, kvetchilitis etc.
(you can add)

eta: you're right- we all know that psychiatrists, like Grover, are now busy intubating people, so we really have no one to treat us- but Hashem- the Rofeh Kol basar.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:57 pm
Wonderful post. Now the other posts saying it's ok to leave since everyone is exposed should be shut down, or have a mod insert this link.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 9:34 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Other health concerns is in regards to the side effects, like insanity, solitary confinement, kvetchilitis etc.
(you can add)

eta: you're right- we all know that psychiatrists, like Grover, are now busy intubating people, so we really have no one to treat us- but Hashem- the Rofeh Kol basar.

Lucky you, Foodie and I have a cure for everything.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 9:49 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Lucky you, Foodie and I have a cure for everything.

DO SAY, Please!

coronavirus cure????????

(it probably entails exclusively eating quinoa with kale for 3 weeks for every meal & saying nishmas after brushing your teeth & saying the entire sefer tehilim, right?)

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:43 pm
Thank you so much, Yael. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics