Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did anyone have confusion as a symptom
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:12 pm
I am freaking out because my husband who is in his 60s started to have confusion.
He can’t get a thought out, he will call Tylenol a pain thing because he can’t remember the name.
I am waiting for the doctor to call me back but I am getting very scared.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:23 pm
Please listen to me. Your husband’s body is missing minerals. This disease depletes the body of minerals which causes confusion and shakiness.
Please run and buy him a few bottles of Powerade or Gatorade. These drinks have electrolytes which will help your husband very fast. This is urgent for your husband. Please get him the drinks today. If he drinks a lot of Powerade he will be okay in 24 hours.
If you have access to a health food store you can buy mineral tablets.
Most people don’t know about this since this virus is so new for us.
Refuah shelaima!

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am freaking out because my husband who is in his 60s started to have confusion.
He can’t get a thought out, he will call Tylenol a pain thing because he can’t remember the name.
I am waiting for the doctor to call me back but I am getting very scared.

I know a few people this happened to. Don’t panic. He needs minerals ASAP and he will be fine.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:37 pm
OP, I am a nurse. If you dont have a pulse ox,
Ask hatzalah to come take his vitals, specifically his oxygen saturation.
Confusion can be a sign that his body is not getting enough oxygen.
You have nothing to lose, call hatzalah right now

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:40 pm
Thank you so much. Sent my son to get some.

I should of thought that because I have taken care of a lot of elderly people and this is exactly what happens to them when their electrolytes are out of wack but I am too wired to think straight.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:08 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
OP, I am a nurse. If you dont have a pulse ox,
Ask hatzalah to come take his vitals, specifically his oxygen saturation.
Confusion can be a sign that his body is not getting enough oxygen.
You have nothing to lose, call hatzalah right now

Thank you. Going to try to get a Hatzalah member to come if not the doctor said to try to get him to an urgent care.

A side note what is your feeling about Dr.Zelenco medication recommendation ?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:10 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Please listen to me. Your husband’s body is missing minerals. This disease depletes the body of minerals which causes confusion and shakiness.
Please run and buy him a few bottles of Powerade or Gatorade. These drinks have electrolytes which will help your husband very fast. This is urgent for your husband. Please get him the drinks today. If he drinks a lot of Powerade he will be okay in 24 hours.
If you have access to a health food store you can buy mineral tablets.
Most people don’t know about this since this virus is so new for us.
Refuah shelaima!

This. This virus you need to stay hydrated. Powerade or sea salt in water ASAP

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:10 pm
Dr z’s medicine regisment is only for people who are having difficulty breathing and should be given under a doctor’s supervision. These are not medicines to be taken lightly

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:17 pm
In an interview, Dr Z actually said better to treat patients before they become terribly ill and the lungs become damaged.

Also, if minerals are the problem, which I have no idea but possibly, I would skip the Gatorade cuz it's full of junk and not that high in minerals and get coconut water instead. Sea salt is also very good. You can also buy Trace Minerals from a health food store which has a broad spectrum of minerals.

Refua Shelaima!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:20 pm
someone just told me her son was in very bad shape & they were told to make him keep eating & drinking to replenish fluids & retain them. He was much better after that.

flmommy

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:09 pm
OP please update is when you can. Thinking of you and your DH. Refuach Shlemah.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:47 pm
Thank you flmommy thank you so much for asking.

So I spoke to doctor who was not helpful at all. Said to go to urgent care to test blood and everything maybe there is an infection somewhere.
Urgent care said don’t come not necessary because they won’t do anything but send to ER.
I called Hatzolah who came and took his vitals. B’H all is good but the confusion is a concern. He said to call doctor in the morning. Said ER will send him home because they are over worked.
So we are back to square one.
I’m going to be spending another sleepless long night again.
Really don’t know what to do.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:27 am
Dr Zelenko gives the meds right away, as soon as they are aware they have the virus, to any patient 60 or older.

I'd definitely call him right away. His meds really help. A friend of my family, age 46 had severe difficulty breathing and was rushed to the hospital. It took 24 hours until the nurse was ok giving him the meds because she said she needed to see some test results first. Once he started the meds, hours later he was better and released from the hospital 24 hours later. It really helps! I heard similar stories from others.

Last week, Dr Zelenko had already treated 699 patients and there were no deaths bH. I didn't hear any updates since then but 699 tells a lot.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you flmommy thank you so much for asking.

So I spoke to doctor who was not helpful at all. Said to go to urgent care to test blood and everything maybe there is an infection somewhere.
Urgent care said don’t come not necessary because they won’t do anything but send to ER.
I called Hatzolah who came and took his vitals. B’H all is good but the confusion is a concern. He said to call doctor in the morning. Said ER will send him home because they are over worked.
So we are back to square one.
I’m going to be spending another sleepless long night again.
Really don’t know what to do.

Oy
Why wouldn’t the urgent care do bloodwork if the pcp wants that?

mfb

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:06 am
Try seeing if you can somehow test for a uti. I’ve heard older people can get disoriented from having one.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:07 am
Even a UTI can cause confusion as one gets older... It can be anything. I'm sorry that it's so difficult to find the right address for a proper diagnosis :-(

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:11 am
I am only in my 30s and often when I have a UTI I also have confusion/ delirium as a symptom. It clears up completely once antibiotic kicks in. Maybe try getting a referral for a urologist and then see if he can video visit with the urologist.

Goldie613

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:33 am
Has he been staying hydrated? I remember an older family member's confusion would be greater if she was dehydrated.

I'm assuming that Hatzalah did what they could to check for anything horrible like a stroke? Not asking to worry you, just to be aware of.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:46 am
Yes! Dh has a bad case of coronavirus. At one point, he was disoriented and saying that everything looks very big. Our kids were huge, the countertops were too big, his fingers were big, etc. I got very scared. Hatzalah checked his oxygen levels. It turns out he was severely dehydrated. I made sure he drank Powerade consistently and the delirium disappeared after a day or two. Very scary.

thepickled

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 7:34 pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0.....Share
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics