Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Making Pesach - how does this work??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:34 pm
Could someone please explain what exactly I am supposed to do....
I am a single mom. Had Coronavirus and mostly recovered but still exhausted. I have never made Pesach and do not own a single Pesach item. I get the idea of doing the most basic cleaning and kashering and cooking, which is in itself overwhelming, but how do I stock my home with even the most minimal supplies and food? Amazon and other such sites are totally unpredictable right now. I am afraid to go out of the house because I could potentially still be contagious. How are people preparing for Pesach at all like this?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:44 pm
Either have family go, make orders from local stores, or have a chesed organization help you

Undefined

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:45 pm
Walmart has been pretty good about shipping, but need to so it asap

SingALong

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:49 pm
Db electronics is shipping
See if you can get your grocery order delivered. You can see if your local hardware store will offer you curbside pickup for your order. There are various lists going around my community how to do minimal Pesach, with very practical ideas

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:52 pm
Walmart has been very good, and Amazon still has prime items that are available two day. Use lots of disposables!! Also, if you're going grocery shopping anyway, bingo has a lot of housewares now also (don't know if this is a year round thing, I doubt it). Cutting boards, peeler, mixer, grater...they have that and more. Moishas might also, I don't know.

abs

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:54 pm
Target.com

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 9:34 pm
First of all, HUGS! You are a supermom! Hashem is gonna be your support staff. You are going to do this. We are all rooting for you.

Don't know which community you are part of but many have bochurim or single girls who do errands/grocery for chesed or pay. maybe ask your neighborhood chat if they know of anyone like this. You can also call your local bikur cholim and ask them if they have any staff for this. This is NOT chesed, this is you caring for your community and not spreading the illness!

If you are in Lakewood BMG is offering subsidized "Boxes" of fully-cooked yom tov meals, frozen in labeled tins, that you order and they put in your car - specifically for moms who are ill. (There is also a Box of equipment if this is your first year of Pesach.)

Some groceries (Target and Walmart may do this too, not sure if it's only dry goods or groceries, sorry didn't do personally so can't describe) allow you to order, then bring it to your car when you wait curbside via app alert or something a few hours later. This may assist in target and Walmart stuff.

If you want to order stuff online do it TODAY because time is running out, it is overwhelming but try to filter 'two day shipping' so that it won't be as frustrating. Amazon is really wonky now, though I did find a lot of stuff that worked shipping-wise. (If you need pesach pots pans etc. then other sites like JC Penney or Bed Bath & Beyond may be more reliable right now.)

You can also ask neighbors buy for you - which might be uncomfortable to ask, I totally hear that. But most communities are trying to put up infrastructure for people in your position. Please don't feel bad about calling your rabbi, bikur holim, or other community organization and asking them if they have leads or staff for 'shoppers'. You are caring for yourself AND your community! You are amazing and juggling more than most people are successfully doing with a DH or other support networks! Hatzlacha and feel better!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics