Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Gourmet Glatt Brooklyn

sbs

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:46 pm
Does anyone know if Gourmet Glatt has any restrictions, like how many people can come into the store, masks, etc..
Thank You

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:51 pm
sbs wrote:
Does anyone know if Gourmet Glatt has any restrictions, like how many people can come into the store, masks, etc..
Thank You

They have a running audio stating that children under the age of 16 cannot come in. One person allowed in per family. Stay away from shoppers and don't stop to talk. When on line, keep the shopping cart in front of you so that you have that amount of space between you and the next shopper.
I wore a mask and gloves. There were no rules about that.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:05 pm
ra_mom wrote:
They have a running audio stating that children under the age of 16 cannot come in. One person allowed in per family. Stay away from shoppers and don't stop to talk. When on line, keep the shopping cart in front of you so that you have that amount of space between you and the next shopper.
I wore a mask and gloves. There were no rules about that.

Where is everyone getting masks from?? I don’t have any,

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:15 pm
Gourmet Glatt BP was closed tonight at 6pm. Does anyone know why. Are they out of business or was there a sudden emergency!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:24 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Gourmet Glatt BP was closed tonight at 6pm. Does anyone know why. Are they out of business or was there a sudden emergency!

I called them yesterday for their hours and they said they're going to close either at 6 or at 7. It may be because they're understaffed and it's not really so necessary to be open evening hours when many people are off by day.
Then again, I may be wrong.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:32 pm
Many markets have greatly reduced hours.

I have read there are various factors. It is difficult to stock and practice safe distancing. It also gives stores a chance to really clean the stores thoroughly. I would imagine that many stores also have labor shortages.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:33 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Where is everyone getting masks from?? I don’t have any,

I've been reusing mine. Not such a good situation. Sometimes I wonder if I should sew one out of a bandana and wash after each use.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:36 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I've been reusing mine. Not such a good situation. Sometimes I wonder if I should sew one out of a bandana and wash after each use.

There are patterns to sew masks. I can post links if you are interested.

My friend's husband has a 3D printer and he is using a template for make the kind of masks that are used by hospitals - e.g. not the fabric surgical style masks.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:37 pm
Amarante wrote:
There are patterns to sew masks. I can post links if you are interested.

Thanks but I don't know how to use a pattern. I sew quite neatly by hand and often mend that way, but I don't use a machine or know any techniques.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:39 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Thanks but I don't know how to use a pattern. I sew quite neatly by hand and often mend that way, but I don't use a machine or know any techniques.

From what I read vacuum cleaner filters are supposed to be better than regular material because they are manufactured to filter particles.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:39 pm
Amarante, please post the link and maybe I can do something with it. At least I'll try to see what I can accomplish by looking over the pattern.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:47 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Amarante, please post the link and maybe I can do something with it. At least I'll try to see what I can accomplish by looking over the pattern.

How To Sew A Face Mask

https://www.nytimes.com/articl.....ticle
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics