Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Satmar chassidim in KJ making a huge Kiddush Hashem
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:03 pm
A group of men living in the "Beirech Moishe Development" in KJ came up with a novel idea, they put together care packages for the stressed out nurses in hospital. They solicited huge food donations as deli meat from KJ poultry, deli rolls and pastries from local bakeries, and more.

What a Kiddush Hashem!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:11 pm
Kol hakavod!!!

In Teaneck we are doing that as well.
Areyvut is collecting money and buying food from local establishments (to help support them) and sending it to the staff at HolyName. Teaneck Shuls has been helping to amass PPE and funding for the Teaneck Volunteer Ambulance Corp. which serves the entire community. Dr Scott Chednoff posted a tutorial on how to make faceshields which are in short supply and long demand. My friend and her daughter are sewing masks for healthcare workers who are unable to get commercial ones.
This is in addition to all the online shiurim, tehillim, Zoom concerts....

I must say how impressed I am with the community.

I am sharing this not to compete but always looking for more ideas and to hopefully inspire others in how they can help in their communities as well.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:13 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
In Teaneck we are doing that as well.
Areyvut is collecting money and buying food from local establishments (to help support them) and sending it to the staff at HolyName. Teaneck Shuls has been helping to amass PPE and funding for the Teaneck Volunteer Ambulance Corp. which serves the entire community. Dr Scott Chednoff posted a tutorial on how to make faceshields which are in short supply and long demand. My friend and her daughter are sewing masks for healthcare workers who are unable to get commercial ones.
This is in addition to all the online shiurim, tehillim, Zoom concerts....

I must say how impressed I am with the community.

I am sharing this not to compete but always looking for more ideas and to hopefully inspire others in how they can help in their communities as well.

Beautiful. Mi k'amchah Yisroel.

simba

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:21 pm
Thanks for coming here to share.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:27 pm
I really wanna do something for doctors/nurses but I dont know what or how, or how to get anything to them. I hope there are others with know how who are doing something.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:32 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I really wanna do something for doctors/nurses but I dont know what or how, or how to get anything to them. I hope there are others with know how who are doing something.

I’ve seen on Instagram , that certain food establishments , like kosher pizza shops etc are donating and sending mass deliveries of lunches to the nurses and doctors at their local hospitals.
It’s beautiful to see.

sky

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 3:15 pm
@LakewoodScoop: Volunteers from the Lakewood community delivered pizzas (donated by Pizza Plus) to the hardworking staff of Jersey Shore University Medical C...

sub

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 3:18 pm
Now that is something we should post

Thank you

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 4:19 pm
Thank you for posting this!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 4:22 pm
Beautiful! In neighboring Blooming Grove, they made a traveling food bank and drove around in a truck to deliver boxes of food to all the non affiliated neighbors. I saw videos on Friday. I made me choke up.

thriver

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 4:51 pm
Beautiful!! This is what we should be doing!

amh

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 4:56 pm
Thank you so much for sharing!

Chany ny

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A group of men living in the "Beirech Moishe Development" in KJ came up with a novel idea, they put together care packages for the stressed out nurses in hospital. They solicited huge food donations as deli meat from KJ poultry, deli rolls and pastries from local bakeries, and more.

What a Kiddush Hashem!

Is that why they were out of pastrami?
Lol
I'm also in the healthfeild and was exhausted last night. Kj deli didnt have any of the fast food I usually buy there........

exaustedmom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:53 pm
How wonderful!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Beautiful. Mi k'amchah Yisroel.

Am I the only one wondering if the recipients were hesitant to eat food from a place where they don’t know if precautions were taken?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:08 pm
There's also a drive to hand out foods to nurses in Good Sam, Maimonides etc.
Not sure if I'm allowed to post the chesed fund link but I'm proud of the community! Thanks op for sharing!

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:57 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Am I the only one wondering if the recipients were hesitant to eat food from a place where they don’t know if precautions were taken?

Food doesn’t really carry the virus. Packaging can.
Touch packaging only with gloves. Discard. Food should then be fine.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 6:11 am
does anyone know where I can order a big lunch basket for the nurses at a Manhattan hospital? a family member is there now and we would like to express appreciation for their hard work.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 6:14 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:

I know what you mean. I received a beautiful custom packaged chocolate arrangement as a gift but I'm scared to eat it. Each chocolate, and they're all loose without any wrap, may have been touched by someone with the virus.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 6:20 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I know what you mean. I received a beautiful custom packaged chocolate arrangement as a gift but I'm scared to eat it. Each chocolate, and they're all loose without any wrap, may have been touched by someone with the virus.

My understanding is that the virus isn't food born. You can probably wait several days to eat it. Anything that can be microwaved is totally safe but the latest theory is that food from a caterer, restaurant or deli is safe to eat. Did you read somewhere that it wasn't?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics