Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Pay playgroup Morah for april?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:58 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
yep. im a playgroup morah and im glad I live in Baltimore, not Lakewood. Because the Rabbonim basically told us what to do about this and told us to split it half-half with is more generous than the Lakewood Rabbonim. it's kind of tough finanically in my house at the best of times, and especially right now...

And what about the parents who also lost their jobs? Aren’t that alps having a tough time financially?

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:02 am
Sure. But if you read the Baltimore statement, you see all the sources in the SA and previous halachic decisions they used as a guide. Like in the time of the Chasam Sofer. They didn't arbitrarily decide because they feel bad for the morahs.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:10 am
The Lakewood rabbonim said that the playgroup morahs should apply for unemployment. The truth is that it makes sense they will get the same amount of money just not from the parents but from the government so it’s a win win situation.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:17 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Because In Baltimore many morahs are doing zoom and stuff in Lakewood the morahs arent really doing anything now. They wrote that the teachers are now home spending time with their kids so they should pay for that.

How do you know what the morahs in Lakewood are doing?

Apparently, you don't. I'm in Lakewood, my daughter's morah sent home a folder of assorted activites, alef bais, following directions, and pesach. In addition, she does a Zoom meeting every day, davening, alef bais, and pesach. Sends an email with the worksheets to print out for the week. Just saying...

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:18 am
Just putting this out there- if the Morah was paying taxes and being honest she can get unemployment so that the parents don’t need to carry that burden. Freelancers etc. are eligible under the new laws. Of course this won’t work if it was a cash deal but...

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:42 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Just putting this out there- if the Morah was paying taxes and being honest she can get unemployment so that the parents don’t need to carry that burden. Freelancers etc. are eligible under the new laws. Of course this won’t work if it was a cash deal but...

Most parents don’t pay cash. Most pay by check so if morah can get unemployment why should parents have to pay if government would pay instead.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:49 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
And what about the parents who also lost their jobs? Aren’t that alps having a tough time financially?

Absolutely. Which is why I have reached out to all of my playgroup parents to discuss it. I have asked each of them if their financial situation has changed and if so, I absolutely will NOT deposit their checks. Today, April 1st, I will be depositing only about 2/3 of my checks because there is no way I would take money from other people who cant afford it!

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:51 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:

I am the Baltimore playgroup Morah in this thread. I absolutely do declare all my earnings and yes I pay SS and taxes. Please dont think that all playgroup morahs dont declare their earnings!

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:19 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Absolutely. Which is why I have reached out to all of my playgroup parents to discuss it. I have asked each of them if their financial situation has changed and if so, I absolutely will NOT deposit their checks. Today, April 1st, I will be depositing only about 2/3 of my checks because there is no way I would take money from other people who cant afford it!

But do parents really have to discuss with you their financial situation. The Lakewood rabbonim siad 1/3 to 1/4 and if parents want to give morah not that’s the morah questions the parents and put them on the spot to give the full amount.

You should have called parents and ask them you
Should rip up check and they send a new one and let them on their own decide if they want to give the full check.

Did the parents you call know what the Lakewood rabbonim said? Did you tell
Them
And then after that let them decide if they want to give full amount or did you just pressure them that if their situation didn’t change they have to give full amount.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:27 am
But do parents really have to discuss with you their financial situation. The Lakewood rabbonim siad 1/3 to 1/4 and if parents want to give morah not that’s the morah questions the parents and put them on the spot to give the full amount.

You should have called parents and ask them you
Should rip up check and they send a new one and let them on their own decide if they want to give the full check.

Them
And then after that let them decide if they want to give full amount or did you just pressure them that if their situation didn’t change they have to give full amount.

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION! please read the statement of the Baltimore vaad. I will post it below. then you will see why I am depositing the full April check! The Vaad said the easiest way to split the loss betwen morah and parents is for the morahs to deposit the April check and rip up the May check, thereby depositing half of the payments.

Pressure them?! chas v'shalom! why would I "pressure" anyone to give me the full amount?! I don't know the meaning of "pressuring anyone"! that's not in my personality type!

TO CLARIFY: I AM IN BALTIMORE, NOT LAKEWOOD. and I know that Baltimore families will want to follow the guidance of the Baltimore Vaad Harabbanim.

I basically called all the parents and said that I know we've all been wondering what's going to pay with tuition payments.( They pay me x amount tuition per year and most of them divide it into 10 monthly payments btw).
so I referred them to the statement online by the vaad harabbonim. And btw, Baltimore is a community known for its achdus, so I know that everyone will want to abide my the vaads decision.

and I said words to the effect of: I'm worried about how this is affecting everyone financially. Please tell me, would it be ok for me to deposit your April check or not?.please don't hesitate to say if its a problem. I would totally understand and will deal with it.

BH I have a great relationship with my playgroup parents. After all, we work together! They trust me to care for their kids and I love and educate their kids!

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:30 am

Them
And then after that let them decide if they want to give full amount or did you just pressure them that if their situation didn’t change they have to give full amount

and no, I didn't tell them what the Lakewood rabbonim said!
Reason #1, the Baltimore rabbanim said their decision one day before Lakewood rabbonim from what I can see, and I had no idea what the Lakewood rabbonim would say!
Reason #2 , what Lakewood rabbonim say has no effect on the Baltimore community. The Baltimore rabbonim specifically say that they want their guidelines to be used for all the Baltimore morahs.
Baltimore and Lakewood are two different places...

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:32 am
Here is the statement from the Vaad Harabbanim of Baltimore:

https://jcovid.com/just-releas.....ents/

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:41 am
Most parents don’t pay cash. Most pay by check so if morah can get unemployment why should parents have to pay if government would pay instead.

If you file for unemployment you only get a percentage of your regular salary. Not the full amount.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:42 am
So why are you answering on this chat you are just confusing everyone this is for Lakewood morahs telling everyone what you are doing in Baltimore is just confusing.

Rabbi forscheimer gave out the psak in Lakewood and he is the rav of Lakewood so I would hope everyone will follow his psak if not they should move out of Lakewood.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 7:56 am
So why are you answering on this chat you are just confusing everyone this is for Lakewood morahs telling everyone what you are doing in Baltimore is just confusing.

Rabbi forscheimer gave out the psak in Lakewood and he is the rav of Lakewood so I would hope everyone will follow his psak if not they should move out of Lakewood.

I can’t for the life of me figure out why your being so nasty??
Forget about paying the Morah’s - each person will do what they feel is the right thing especially after these pesekim came out in lkwd or Baltimore!

Please get some help and learn on realizing that other people have different opinions and views, and it’s ok. Respect that.

Hoping that all is well and healthy by you during this extremely challenging time.
Wishing you a wonderful y’t that you will feel at peace without jumping on each person.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 8:18 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
If you file for unemployment you only get a percentage of your regular salary. Not the full amount.

No you would get 50% + 600$ a week. Should make a big difference. Especially if rabbonim are saying that the Morah should be paid at most 50% for the lost time...

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:33 pm

I do apologize. I did not notice until this minute that this thread was under the "Lakewood etc inquries" forum... I joined the conversation because of amother purples' comments about the Baltimore rabbanim's statement.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries