Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Hair cuts?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:12 pm
My boys desperately need haircuts. I do not cut hair not would they want me to cut their hair!!! What are others doing?? My neighbor cuts but we are avoiding everyone. BH no one is sick and we are trying desperately to keep it that way. This situation is so bizarre! Any suggestions? I mean onto choice is me or DH curtain right? These are teens I’m talking about. Yes I know in the grand scheme of things it is silly to worry about hair and that we won’t be seeing anyone..

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:13 pm
If you won’t have someone do it, then what’s your choice?

I had someone come to my house with a face mask and gloves.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:23 pm
My husband is telling me to buy on Amazon one of those buzzers and I'm going to cut everyone's hair. I'm not sure if he's for real or not. I'm petrified. I have no clue what I'm doing and can't be responsible for balding anyone!

tryinghard

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:58 pm
I just bought a pair of hair scissors and I’m watching YouTube videos. My son and I were joking about it - worst case, I do a terrible job - but nobody will see it!

bigsis144

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:04 am
My kids won’t let me near them... they have some sense of propriety in public and will sit at a barbershop (with me nearby to distract them from fidgeting and fighting), but refuse to let me even try.

I think they’ll just be ragamuffins...

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:08 am
MiracleMama wrote:
My husband is telling me to buy on Amazon one of those buzzers and I'm going to cut everyone's hair. I'm not sure if he's for real or not. I'm petrified. I have no clue what I'm doing and can't be responsible for balding anyone!

You literally CANNOT bald anyone using a buzzer. They have these guards that clip on with the hair length you want. They keep the blades that far away from the hair, so you CAN'T cut it shorter than that.

I buzz my own hair on 8, without looking, and it comes out fine. I cut my boys' hair on 3 and it's pretty much impossible to mess up. The Wahl brand is great.

The only area I get nervous around is the peyos. Some people cut the peyos on 8 because that way it's not too short.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:09 am
Just bought a pair of hair cutting scissors today. My son warned me he’s going to be wearing a baseball cap from now on.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:14 am
I cut my sons’ hair with a hair cutting machine. There are different size combs and I use them according to each ones preference. It’s really simple. Nobody taught me. One day I was desperate they get a haircut and my DH wasn’t available (we never did barbers) and I did it. Ever since then, I’m the one that cuts the boys hair. I don’t know how to do scissors. So there is no style or longer front. It’s all one size. I then use a trimmer for the neck and shape. Nobody is seeing them for a while so it doesn’t matter if you don’t do a perfect job, it will have grown back by then.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:50 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
You literally CANNOT bald anyone using a buzzer. They have these guards that clip on with the hair length you want. They keep the blades that far away from the hair, so you CAN'T cut it shorter than that.

I buzz my own hair on 8, without looking, and it comes out fine. I cut my boys' hair on 3 and it's pretty much impossible to mess up. The Wahl brand is great.

The only area I get nervous around is the peyos. Some people cut the peyos on 8 because that way it's not too short.

Ty. Will check it out. Glad to know I can't mess up THAT badly. LOL

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:51 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I cut my sons’ hair with a hair cutting machine. There are different size combs and I use them according to each ones preference. It’s really simple. Nobody taught me. One day I was desperate they get a haircut and my DH wasn’t available (we never did barbers) and I did it. Ever since then, I’m the one that cuts the boys hair. I don’t know how to do scissors. So there is no style or longer front. It’s all one size. I then use a trimmer for the neck and shape. Nobody is seeing them for a while so it doesn’t matter if you don’t do a perfect job, it will have grown back by then.

Please elaborate on this. Brand? Style? Easy to use?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics