Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How far along are you to being "ready"?

estreya

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:21 pm
Feel like I have NEVER EVER been this far behind with Pesach. Hoping I am not the only one in the same boat (though I'm sure many others are, too, considering present day circumstances).

TBH, I feel like I'm losing my mind -- still working full time (B"H) but getting home exhausted every night with not enough koyach to do what I have to. I know "what will be, will be" but it is still upsetting. DH is working from home and watching DS all day and doesn't much feel like helping afterwards (besides, I am very particular and well, it's better it's on me to do than getting into arguments).

I look around at everything that has to be done in a matter of days not to mention cooking and feel like crying. Gotta hold it together though!

Gonna be a very interesting/different Pesach.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:24 pm
Up to nowhere. Laying in bed with fever but thanking Hashem that I can bh breath fine. Everything else will fall into place iyh .
But I’m not being particular this year. Only what has to get done according Halacha will get done.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:27 pm
I feel very ahead but that's because I'm not planning on cleaning anything.
I turned over just my fleishig side so I can cook which I've been doing already. Yes there's chametz in my milchig sink and on the kitchen table and Pesach food cooking on the stove.
No little kids here so I'm not worried they'll contaminate it.
A day before Pesach we'll vacuum the house and wash the floors. Tada! Pesachdig.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:29 pm
I'm about 1% of the way there with cleaning.

But we do have 75% of the food and supplies we need, so that's good!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:31 pm
Literally started prep today. So you're in good company.

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:32 pm
estreya wrote:
Feel like I have NEVER EVER been this far behind with Pesach. Hoping I am not the only one in the same boat (though I'm sure many others are, too, considering present day circumstances).

TBH, I feel like I'm losing my mind -- still working full time (B"H) but getting home exhausted every night with not enough koyach to do what I have to. I know "what will be, will be" but it is still upsetting. DH is working from home and watching DS all day and doesn't much feel like helping afterwards (besides, I am very particular and well, it's better it's on me to do than getting into arguments).

I look around at everything that has to be done in a matter of days not to mention cooking and feel like crying. Gotta hold it together though!

Gonna be a very interesting/different Pesach.

Totally not ready at all! No Pesach kitchen, first time making Pesach, I've got some food and supplies but not really sure what I need!

I'm excited about the chaos! I have this fantasy where the night before Pesach all my kids and my husband and I finally get together in Chometz-Smiting Glory and turn over the kitchen, laughing and joking all the way.

This is my fantasy, please don't dispel it with notions like, "But aren't some of your kids toddlers and also aren't they possessed by the iPad gods?"

It's going to be fine. Totally fine.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:32 pm
Pantry stocked. Freezers stocked. One fridge officially cleaned and ready to go.

That's it. Haven't declared a single room chametz-free or thought about starting my cooking and baking.

I know so many people are stressed out about making Pesach but for me this is the most relaxed I've ever been. This is the first year with no house guests, no seder guests. I usually have a massive crowd. To cook simply just for us will be delightful. Sure, I wish I had my housekeeper, but I know I can do this.

mha3484

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:33 pm
I stress clean so this might be my best pesach yet. I did my youngest kids bedroom two weeks ago when our state started the shutdown and there was no where to go. I did my own room last week and my 9 year old did most of his room himself.

I did half my kitchen and I plan to finish before shabbos/motzei shabbos.

I clean my living room regularly but I will do it more thoroughly Sunday. Then I can move on to covering.

estreya

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:34 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Up to nowhere. Laying in bed with fever but thanking Hashem that I can bh breath fine. Everything else will fall into place iyh .
But I’m not being particular this year. Only what has to get done according Halacha will get done.

So sorry to hear you are not well. My heart goes out to you and wish you a speedy Refu'ah Shelaima.

I thank HKBH everyday I am well (for now). It is such an added stressor we have worrying that we are going to contract this virus and it will ruin not only Pesach but affect our lives for a long time to come due to financial loss, all the difficulties associated with it ... and worse (loss of loved ones).

I wish you well.

icedcoffee

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:37 pm
So far
-cleaned the bedroom, bathroom, and living room (it's a tiny apartment so not impressive at all)
-ordered haggadahs and shmura matzah
-set aside a shelf where I'm storing pesach food
-ordered pretty much all the groceries I'll need except things to be bought sooner to the date such as romaine lettuce and fresh produce

The biggest things are going to be cleaning the kitchen, hagalah, and then actually cooking. Honestly....... feeling okay. It's my second Pesach married and we're both on the same page as far as expectations. No super fancy menu, not going above and beyond with the cleaning. My husband even floated the idea of not cleaning the oven and just cooking everything on the stovetop which sounded great but I completely forgot about that when I did the shopping and bought a bunch of Pesach baking stuff, so now we're debating about whether to do that or not.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:45 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

Similar but no fever. Ordered ready made food. Haven’t done a thing else.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:51 pm
So far behind.
Never was like this before. Will turn over right before

Bh for our health
Bh we can clean

So many ppl unwell
So many ppl sitting shiva
So many ppl mourning.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 4:55 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

I’ve been sick for almost two weeks. I thank Hashem for every minute I could breathe. We didn’t start any Pesach cleaning. We will be eating very simply this Pesach. There won’t be any time to cook much before.

Gut

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:09 pm
Startet to clean - but I don't plan to finish. What gets done is good for me. The rest gets halachig clean

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:14 pm
Kinda cleaned, like big cleaned in the house. I will I think kasher my oven on Monday so I can start bake cookies, fish, and everything. I'm kinda getting overwhelmed by all of this just had an conversation with the husband about foiled pots and pans and where to buy these.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:22 pm
Very much ahead. No grandkids around, DS#2 (who is B"H is recovering from the virus) is still in quarantine in our guest room, and DH is staying away from the kitchen — quarantine has its advantages!

ora_43

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:31 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
This is my fantasy, please don't dispel it with notions like, "But aren't some of your kids toddlers and also aren't they possessed by the iPad gods?"

It's going to be fine. Totally fine.

LOL at "possessed by the iPad gods."

I'm with you. Everything is fine, nothing to see here.

Proud to announce that I'm 90% ready to say "kol hamira" with a lot of kavana this year.

keym

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 6:00 pm
I always say that I hate this stage- too early to do things, late enough to make me feel stressed.
This year is times a gazillion.

I have a Pesach crock pot. So worse case scenario, I will be making meat and potatoes and chicken and potatoes for most of the meals.

We will be Kosher Lepesach by zman biur next Wednesday.

tweety1

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 7:34 pm
Whatever my kids clean is gonna get cleaned. I'm doing the cooking. Basic routine household chores have to get done too. Exp laundry. Pesach cleaning is for the kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics