Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Corona virus at Maimonides hospital
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Just One

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:14 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Thank you for a rational, non emotional post.

A. I agree. Bashing Hatzala should be banned on this site. Im sure most of us here have been on the receiving end of their services st one point or another

B. Totally agree with your second point

C. As a patient and RN at Maimo, unfortunately your description of some of the staff there (during normal life) is on target. Its that brusque, bordering on rude Brooklyn attitude that is often worsened by the entitled often rude behavior exhibited by some of our own. That behavior by staff is always inexcusable but for some reason hasnt been addressed enough by higher ups. In a NYC magnet hospital where I have worked, professional, polite behavior is stressed much more. It is for this reason that my own family most often will not use Maimo. As I have said before, when we did choose to use them for location convenience we knew we might have to accept that and we did and yet it worked out better than we could have imagined over a stay of more than a month on various units..some better and some worse.
As far as patients being left neglected to die, I would be super careful posting something like that unless I was 100% sure and a personal witness. If not, it is like yelling fire in a crowded theater to spread fear mongering and sensationalism durong this critical time.

Can you believe we actually AGREE on all points?! Just goes to show that communication is key 😁
May Hashem keep you safe, sane and healthy in this trying time

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:17 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
A few more points:

D. Some may have been "bashing" Hatzolah, as you call it, but to be fair I only saw ONE post in this entire thread that actually made an accusation against them. Others may simply have been asking some tough questions that, yes, require answers.

E. Arrogance from medical professionals is completely unacceptable in any way, shape or form. Being entrusted with human lives does not make one equivalent to G-d. Unfortunately, this is a pitfall many in the medical field seem to fall into again and again. When your job is people's lives day in and day out, it might be an exhausting struggle to see each as an individual, sacred life rather than just the burden you need to push through to finish your shift. But that in no way excuses looking down on or being resentful of those you treat.

To sum up:

Yes, those who hold human lives in their hands can and should be questioned and held accountable. Perhaps more so than any other field. The stakes are THE highest of all.

A. Not going back to count but at this time even 1 negative comment regarding heroic hatzala volunteers is unacceptable imnsho

B. I agree. Arrogance, resentment and looking down on patients is unacceptable. If I came across that way in my fear and horror at being told to treat patients with less then adequste PPE than that was a miscommunication on my part (and the letters, cards etc from my patients will attest to that. I truly love usually even the most trying patient and I genuinely enjoy what I do

C. Not sure how this addresses the issue of ;
Are pts being left to die or is this sensationalistic 3rd hand social media lies.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:18 pm

C. Not sure how this addresses the issue of ;
Are pts being left to die or is this sensationalistic 3rd hand social media lies.

There is really no way to know, is there? Since the hospital is not allowing anyone in.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:19 pm
Just One wrote:
Can you believe we actually AGREE on all points?! Just goes to show that communication is key 😁
May Hashem keep you safe, sane and healthy in this trying time

Amen
This thread has been a wonderful diversion from the existential questions that have been swirling in my mind during the past weeks. I am off work several days, preparing for pesach and regrouping for.my return to war.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:23 pm
There is really no way to know, is there? Since the hospital is not allowing anyone in.

Sadly right.
We dont know one way or the other. Would be great if a system of oversight was put in place where there could be outsiders overseeing. Yet it would be more people beimg exposed. The whole situation is tragic

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:27 pm
AIf I came across that way in my fear and horror at being told to treat patients with less then adequste PPE than that was a miscommunication on my part (and the letters, cards etc from my patients will attest to that. I truly love usually even the most trying patient and I genuinely enjoy what I do

You came across that way when you said (quite snobbishly) that patients have no right to preferences or expectations of care, no right to make choices, and that they have an attitude of "entitlement" should they dare question whatever scraps the medical system throws their way, whether in the current pandemic or previously. No one said you should treat patients without PPE. People are questioning the way things are done, as they certainly should.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:35 pm
Seashell please don't feel like you need to respond to any personal vitriol directed towards you. You can't please 100% of everyone 100% of the time but please know your devotion and work ethic shine through and is apparent to the rest of us. Please rest up so you can continue fighting the battle on the frontlines, along with others in the healthcare field.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:36 pm
You came across that way when you said (quite snobbishly) that patients have no right to preferences or expectations of care, no right to make choices, and that they have an attitude of "entitlement" should they dare question whatever scraps the medical system throws their way, whether in the current pandemic or previously. No one said you should treat patients without PPE. People are questioning the way things are done, as they certainly should.

That is what you heard.

When this is all over I suggest you form an advocacy group and give of your time energy to help address then inadequacies and bad care that you see in the system. Talk on the internet is cheap.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:40 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Seashell please don't feel like you need to respond to any personal vitriol directed towards you. You can't please 100% of everyone 100% of the time but please know your devotion and work ethic shine through and is apparent to the rest of us. Please rest up so you can continue fighting the battle on the frontlines, along with others in the healthcare field.

Thank you. I needed this.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 5:44 pm
That is what you heard.

When this is all over I suggest you form an advocacy group and give of your time energy to help address then inadequacies and bad care that you see in the system. Talk on the internet is cheap.

I said nothing about seeing bad care in the system. Whether there is or isn't is not what I was addressing at all. The attitude that medical professionals are beyond reproach or question is what I take issue with.

As to what I heard, it's all there for anyone to read. I won't go back and quote each post.

Gea

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 7:00 pm
I have been on Imamother for maybe 5 years and have never posted anything - a testament to how unlikely I am to comment on something.
I am not from New York, and I want to start by saying that I know nothing about Maimonides Hospital, and nothing about Hatzollah in NY. I also want to say that I recognize a lot of fear in the posts in this topic - fear on the part of health care workers trying to care for the sick, but also worried about being infected themselves, fear on the part of residents who worry that a hospital near to them is not giving adequate care to patients - truly fear on the part of everyone of “What if this is me next or my family?”. I can’t imagine the stress that everyone is experiencing now in New York and I so empathize with that fear (I think that emotion is universal now).
Having said that, in reading these posts I was absolutely shocked, disturbed and nearly brought to tears. I know everyone is scared and I am completely dan l’kuf zchus that many of these comments stem from a place of heightened emotions, not chas v’shalom a true picture of the Yiddish women on this site, but please take a step back and look what is being posted. At a time like this it is beyond painful to see Yiddish women bashing each other, bashing people trying to help. Nobody knows why Hashem is causing this situation, me least of all, but I am pretty confident saying that he does not appreciate Yidden being mean to each other, and that he would be very happy if we could all work on Ahavas Chinam at this time. Again I have no idea whether that will help this situation, but I do know it will help US.
I am sure there were important issues addressed in this post and those issues maybe need to be addressed - maybe now, maybe later, maybe in this forum, maybe not - I have zero intention of downplaying any of those, but from the perspective of an outsider, one who is pretty objective to the issues at play, it is the bashing, the negativity, the hurtful comments that truly make an impression. If that is what makes an impression to me geographically some 1000s of miles away, I feel pain thinking what impression this is having on H’. Thank you to all the women on this site - those working on the frontlines, those working in other “essential roles”, those working in very essential roles in their own homes, and those who are unable to work in any role at this moment. We are all wonderful and every one of us has a unique contribution to make in this world. Let’s please make sure we are all using our Binah to make the best contribution we can in these unbelievably trying times.

gilamom

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 7:15 pm
At the beginning of the pandemic my son needed to go to the ER from a concussion. We called Hatzoloh and mentioned that we preferred to go to the city. They called a different ambulance service for us that could drive us to NYU and then stayed with us and comforted and took care of my son until the other ambulance came. Never once did they try to force us to go to Maimonides, they went above and beyond in helping and advising us. I can't stress enough how helpful they were.

Just One

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 7:17 pm
Gea wrote:
I have been on Imamother for maybe 5 years and have never posted anything - a testament to how unlikely I am to comment on something.
I am not from New York, and I want to start by saying that I know nothing about Maimonides Hospital, and nothing about Hatzollah in NY. I also want to say that I recognize a lot of fear in the posts in this topic - fear on the part of health care workers trying to care for the sick, but also worried about being infected themselves, fear on the part of residents who worry that a hospital near to them is not giving adequate care to patients - truly fear on the part of everyone of “What if this is me next or my family?”. I can’t imagine the stress that everyone is experiencing now in New York and I so empathize with that fear (I think that emotion is universal now).
Having said that, in reading these posts I was absolutely shocked, disturbed and nearly brought to tears. I know everyone is scared and I am completely dan l’kuf zchus that many of these comments stem from a place of heightened emotions, not chas v’shalom a true picture of the Yiddish women on this site, but please take a step back and look what is being posted. At a time like this it is beyond painful to see Yiddish women bashing each other, bashing people trying to help. Nobody knows why Hashem is causing this situation, me least of all, but I am pretty confident saying that he does not appreciate Yidden being mean to each other, and that he would be very happy if we could all work on Ahavas Chinam at this time. Again I have no idea whether that will help this situation, but I do know it will help US.
I am sure there were important issues addressed in this post and those issues maybe need to be addressed - maybe now, maybe later, maybe in this forum, maybe not - I have zero intention of downplaying any of those, but from the perspective of an outsider, one who is pretty objective to the issues at play, it is the bashing, the negativity, the hurtful comments that truly make an impression. If that is what makes an impression to me geographically some 1000s of miles away, I feel pain thinking what impression this is having on H’. Thank you to all the women on this site - those working on the frontlines, those working in other “essential roles”, those working in very essential roles in their own homes, and those who are unable to work in any role at this moment. We are all wonderful and every one of us has a unique contribution to make in this world. Let’s please make sure we are all using our Binah to make the best contribution we can in these unbelievably trying times.

Meaningful first post 👍

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 7:41 pm
Beautiful post Gea, thank you!
As an aside, just heard there are actually Frum people now working on opening a hospital like facility in shor yoshuv n kj for the sole purpose of standing up for the patients on respirators since it's now accepted to take patients off respirators without permission? Im spending much too much time analyzing the news now Speechless , Hashem should help us all
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics