Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Prexisting condition and recovered?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 2:45 am
Anyone know of someone who was middle aged and had a pre-existing condition and recovered? I have a close relative with a pre-existing condition who has COVID, BH not serious right now, but it's making me nervous. I'm sure many people with pre-existing conditions have survived but all I read about are the bad outcomes.

If you know of anyone middle aged with a pre-existing condition who survived I'd be very appreciative if you could share.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 2:57 am
Lots of people have bh survived including people in this category.
There is hope.
BT

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 3:10 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Lots of people have bh survived including people in this category.
There is hope.
BT

Ty, do you know any personally? I know anecdotal evidence means nothing but clearly my brain is working on emotions right now and buying into anecdotal evidence in the other direction....

crust

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 3:20 am
I know someone with a serious preexisting condition that had Covid and recovered bh.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 3:35 am
Yes, my dh is mid 50s, has diabetes (no complications) and he had it a few weeks ago- tested positive- had fever, cough, pneumonia, took antibiotics, was not hospitalized, and is now recovered over a week b"h b"h! I am so thankful that he had it then, when it wasn't so scary yet. If he would have gotten it now, I would've been a nervous wreck!

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 4:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ty, do you know any personally? I know anecdotal evidence means nothing but clearly my brain is working on emotions right now and buying into anecdotal evidence in the other direction....

Yes.
My 50 year old friend with severe asthma had it- for her it was fever for 24 hours and then mostly tired and achy for a week. BH she has been symptom free for over 2 weeks already.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 4:20 am
I'm 54. I had a pretty tough time of it, but B'H no hospitalization, and I'm starting to feel better every day. Recovery is slow, so you have to really take it easy.

You can search my posting history for more details. I've written about it a lot.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 4:29 am
The majority of people who get it survive, even in the higher risk categories. It is still a very dangerous disease; a society can be decimated by a plague that spares the majority. But an individual case is not hopeless.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 4:39 am
My Shver in his 70s has diabetes, is on Dialysis had bypass surgery within the past year and has a host of addition preexisting conditions and he was recently released from the hospital Baruch HaShem, Baruch Hashem, Baruch HaShem!!! Hudu Lashem!!! I’m glad to hear your relative is doing well.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 4:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know of someone who was middle aged and had a pre-existing condition and recovered? I have a close relative with a pre-existing condition who has COVID, BH not serious right now, but it's making me nervous. I'm sure many people with pre-existing conditions have survived but all I read about are the bad outcomes.

If you know of anyone middle aged with a pre-existing condition who survived I'd be very appreciative if you could share.

My sister has 3 chronic pre-existing conditions (including asthma) and is obese. She's taking it hard and recovery is slow but she's not in the hospital. (She's not middle-aged, but def high risk.)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 6:35 am
Thank you so much everyone for sharing these. You really helped me. I'm happy I started this thread - not at all to minimize the seriousness of the virus or the people losing loved ones; hardly anyone in our community is unaffected. But it's good to see these posts just to hear that there is hope.

For good reason, we're mostly seeing the bd"e posts and the losses in the news; it's nice also to see that there can be hope for anyone. For me this provided a little bit of balance.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 8:51 am
I am immune compromised, post chemo treatment and other high risk conditions. I bh got through it. I was treated early on with hydrochloroquine and azythromycin. It BH made a huge difference and I was kept out of the hospital. Chasdei Hashem!

What I find is not that the high risk group are dying. This disease does not discriminate! How many of the people we know critical and dying were healthy individuals ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics