Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
When should I turn over for pesach?

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 5:30 pm
I usually turn my kitchen pesachdik a week before pesach since I make a huge seder and lots of guests all the other meals. Plus I don't like to spend chol hamoed cooking so I make enough kugels etc for last days. Also no shul so I can easily make fresh food on yom tov as well. (I have a countertop oven I leave on a timer)

So, no guests this year. Sad Just my kids bh. 9 people. And we are not big eaters so no point making many courses...we will be much happier with one course meals.

I do like to cook and bake and we make pretty much everything from scratch. (no bought mayo etc)

People with this size family, how many days before pesach do you start cooking? Is two full days enough?

I am also recovering (I hope) from (probably) covid19 so want to take things easy as much as possible...

imasinger

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 5:39 pm
Realistically, you're probably not going to want to upend your kitchen on erev Shabbos, so you're probably talking about the difference of a day, if that.

Either way, you'll be fine.

Feel better!

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 6:01 pm
imasinger wrote:
Realistically, you're probably not going to want to upend your kitchen on erev Shabbos, so you're probably talking about the difference of a day, if that.

Either way, you'll be fine.

Feel better!

I could clean on motzei shabbos and kasher on sunday...

Cookiegirl

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 6:05 pm
Raisin wrote:

That's my plan, and that's earlier than usual for me since I am usually out of the house at work. I usually only start cooking after Bedikas Chometz...I am going to see what 12 days of Pesach feels like Cool

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 6:07 pm
Raisin wrote:

That's what I plan on doing. I think the timing works out well this year.

sky

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 6:42 pm
Raisin wrote:

My plan to. My kids can cover when I work Monday morning if I don’t finish that on Sunday.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 7:13 pm
we're planning on cleaning AND kashering the kitchen on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday we cook. Wednesday we put the house back together, shower, and rest.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:41 am
I plan on doing it motzei shabbos, Sunday.I plan on doing how I usually cook for yom tov, nice and slow, no pressure. Three days before, desserts, two days before, sides, and day of mains. Might have some mix ups, but the gist of it.

twizzlers1

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:19 am
I'm hoping to do it on Sunday but if not then I will get a good start and finish on Monday. I know it feels so strange because I also usually turn over almost a week in advance but this year just doesn't seem worth it with not being able to go out anyway and not having any guests. I feel so strange I'm actually eating challah for Shabbos in the house. at least we will have a big activity to do on Sunday!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics