Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Love to look good and put together but very limited

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 2:11 pm
https://polkad.com/collections.....41181
I love this maxi dress but prob is that im not skinny and im very into always looking most slenderized possible so I usually stick to black and dark colors....the style of the dress could look great on but the color is very light...should I take a risk and order it? maybe the style is sooo slimming that it will look good....(I feel so deprived...love to dress cute and young....but im soo limited due to my weight!)

oneofakind

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 2:16 pm
It's really cute. It might look good if you buy a big enough size. I'm skinny but I look chunky if my clothing is too tight.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 2:20 pm
If you scroll to the right they do have it in black.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 2:23 pm
It's a great look. Get it in the lighter color. It's looks fresh.

Black really isn't slimming. It looks like you are trying too hard to look slimmer. It doesn't hide your size.

Ok1

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 5:21 pm
thanks for all your help! I did see the black... but if I do black then I would rather do somthing else...I love the beige look on this dress, and you do have a point with black not necessarliy always slimming...but you can never go wrong with black and it doesnt attract so much....

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 5:25 pm
I decided I don't care, I want to wear light colors. So I put on a pink top that is not so well fitted. DH very tactfully said, um, I don't think you look as good in that as you do in other things ....
In fact, I looked like a house. Okay, maybe I will take it in...

Why is this under Corona

Rappel

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 5:28 pm
It looks like it's well tailored, and I think the tie on the side does a great job creating a waist no matter what your shape. If the company produces dresses as nice as their photos, then I'd say go for it, and enjoy!

Ok1

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 5:34 pm
dont know why its under corona....Royalblue please post once your top is taken in if it looks better

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 9:27 pm
It depends on your shape. If your stomach is big (like mine) avoid this style. If you're more of an hourglass shape, it could look good. The color is a bit risky IME since light colors show cellulite more than dark. (I don't know if you have cellulite like me.)

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:34 pm
If your weight conscious I actually would not choose this dress because of the wrap detail I always feel like that makes people look larger than they actually are

Ok1

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:01 pm
thanks everyone for your opinions, I think ill first try to loose some weight and then ill feel more confident in buying such a dress....I happens to be have a decent figure in a double digit version (size 12 for those that are super carious)

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:07 pm
I don‘t think that style would look good on an overweight person. I don't even think it is flattering on the skinny model in the photo.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics