Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Beautiful Abie/Baruch Levine song

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:34 pm
When the shul in our neighborhood closed it's doors 3 weeks ago I started bawling. That's when the enormity of this whole situation really hit me. This new song just reignited all those emotions. It is so beautiful and moving.

https://youtu.be/Gfo8AQJCJys

Knowledgeable

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:42 pm
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

lifesagift

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:26 pm
As always, just the intro starting makes me cry, such a magnificent song. Theoretically speaking, I doubt the sefer torahs were left locked up in shuls, the ppl owning them no doubt took them home for the time being. Not the same as being in "the place she belongs" of course, its definitely a very sad situation. I sometimes think this maybe compares to a much lesser degree of course, to churban beis hamikdosh. Imagine the feeling the yidden who were used to going up to the Temple were pining to go but couldn't.. not quite the same situation but just the tip of the iceberg maybe?

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 12:54 am
Thank you so much for sharing.
The original has always been one of my favorite songs. (I am a Journeys junky).

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 1:44 am
I cried and had to stop it. It was beautiful and heart-wrenching, but the empty shuls are really a poignant part of this for me.

My husband davens in a small, wonderful shul known for not talking during davening. It's slightly yeshivish and attracts a very unique crowd. My husband loves his shul so much. It pains me that he can't go anymore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics