Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
My friend has a gift for me that I can really use!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 8:44 am
So when I had a baby a few months ago a friend called me up to ask me what I need. I told her nothing but she insisted so I told her I was good for now. But she can buy the baby something for pesach. Then when I was doing exchanges while an maternity leave I met her buying by baby an outfit in the layette store. I saw her 1st and I felt so awkward cuz I knew she was there for me so I stayed in the back of the store. I heard her telling the girl at the register that this was for a baby boy for pesach time. Since then I saw her twice and she said both times I have ur gift but its not for now anyway dont worry ill get it to you (one time was shabbos and one was purim)
I dont have the chutzpah to ask her but I can really use the outfit now with all the craziness! Is there anything to do?

Edit to change some identifing details

dankbar

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:15 am
Maybe when you talk to her, mention to her that your baby outgrew his stuff & stores are closed now....she will remember the outfit that's sitting in her house....

twizzlers1

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:22 am
There is a good chance that things have been so hectic that she simply forgot. If she is a good friend can you just ask her? If I were the friend I would be happy for the reminder and I would be so happy to drop it off for you!I have forgotten things before and I really do appreciate the reminder as long as it said in a sensitive way.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:27 am
I would let it go. It's never nice to ask for a gift. If she forget, she will rush to get something.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics