Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How to differentiate between virus symptoms and making Pesac

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 8:36 am
Semi serious question.

I am not coughing, but I am tired and I do have muscle aches. I am also making Pesach for the first time and deep cleaning a house I expected to just close off and sell. I'm also very overweight and running up and down the stairs leaves me out of breath under normal circumstances. So how do I tell if I'm just overdoing things physically or if I'm coming down with the virus?

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:11 am
I'd say keep an eye on your symptoms, but it could definitely be pesachitis! A Dr told us that everyone should be acting as though they have it (social distancing, handwashing etc) so that's a good idea regardless.

Learning

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:13 am
Also you need to rest to make sure your immune system is strong. Stop doing any unnecessary chumra or anything fancy food wise. You need to be at your best health now. So go rest

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:22 am
By me, the first symptoms were fever and REALLY bad migraine. Maybe it was the headache, but I also felt very angry, and that is totally not my normal personality. I'm pretty chill under almost any situation.

After that, the next symptom is a sore throat, and that comes before the cough.

Keep all the windows open, and try to use the least toxic cleaners. Simple Green and boiling water will do the job just fine. Take lots of breaks between jobs, with a nice cup of tea, or a cuddle with one of your kids. Even 5 minutes to force your body to slow down a bit.

If you can, get to bed as early as possible. Don't feel "lazy" for getting extra sleep, because that is how you repair damaged cells and replace them. It doesn't happen while you are awake.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:29 am
If you’re deep cleaning the house, you’re overdoing things physically.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 11:35 am
I think most people aren't deep cleaning for dirt, but could use real guidance on what to do about a possibly messy house in which there could realistically be full or half-eaten cookies or pretzels or granola bars dropped behind couches, into toy bins, in drawers, etc. This is reality for many with small kids, and the reason people go through everything. Particularly in a house that hasn't made Pesach, this step IS deep and takes ages.

There is also the very real stress of managing food this year, which is very different than most years.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 12:14 pm
check youre tempature

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 12:20 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I think most people aren't deep cleaning for dirt, but could use real guidance on what to do about a possibly messy house in which there could realistically be full or half-eaten cookies or pretzels or granola bars dropped behind couches, into toy bins, in drawers, etc. This is reality for many with small kids, and the reason people go through everything. Particularly in a house that hasn't made Pesach, this step IS deep and takes ages.

There is also the very real stress of managing food this year, which is very different than most years.

I don’t really allow food outside the kitchen/dining room and I don’t have such little kids. But I’m wondering for those that are worried about toys, can you close off most of the toys and just save a few for pesach? That will probably save a lot of time. Just a thought.. not sure about the other places in the house.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 12:20 pm
I'm in my 3rd trimester and worry a lot about my aches/pains and dizziness and nausea which I've had to some degree all the way through. I am trying to do only the basics which is my style in general and dh is doing a LOT but we're both working from home and dealing with the kids and certain things like cleaning the kitchen are a lot of work even with shortcuts like closing off cabinets, not moving the oven and using a sink insert so we don't have to kasher. And even basic cooking is still a lot more of a patchke for Pesach, there's no sticking frozen pizza in the toaster and there's a limit to how much matzo and plain roast chicken a person can eat.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 12:21 pm
Honestly? I think it's just pesachitis.

I'm also overweight, in my 9th month, cleaning a bit for pesach. Soooooo tired and Sneezing /coughing. I don't think it's Corona at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics