Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Ideas for fun family Seder

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 3:31 pm
So since a lot of people are making a Seder for the first time I thought it would be fun to share some ideas so everyone can enjoy.
I think a lot of people I going to find how shocking it is how much you can enjoy just having a seder with your children and how much attention you could give them.
My ideas
We do a ים סוף table it's really cute and engaging lots of different ways to make it work.
play out the מכות we have a bag of them but you kids can create we do a puppet show with משה and פורא you can print or create if you can't buy them now
Have candy/ prizes to give for questions and answers
Make voices and read magid in English also so the kids understand the story.
Those are my ideas would love to her yours
Remember this is a positive post Very Happy

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 3:35 pm
Following and would love ideas for older kids and young teens!

Aylat

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 4:13 pm
Growing up my dad had a bowl of assorted chocolates and sweets next to his place and whoever asked a good question/gave a good answer/said a dvar Torah/read from the Haggada received something. You had to be ready to catch as it was lobbed down the table to you! DH does this now.

Everyone takes turns reading and translating from the Haggada rather than DH doing it all. When I read, I do it very dramatically Wink Maths time after the makkot (how many makkot by the sea etc).

At צא ולמד I called, "everyone out! Outside!" and took all the kids out to the garden and told them that if you want to learn you can't just sit still and wait for it to come to you, you have to get up and find it.

We get up and dance at לשנה הבאה בירושלים (those who are still awake). We have actions for אחד מי יודע and actions+sound effects for חד גדיא.

In general lots of emphasis on the kids contributions - get them to ask questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics